missing dog found beheaded :(

fishjie

omghi2u
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/15/dog.head.ap/index.html

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."

After Crystal Brown's 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix, Chevy, wandered away last month, she put up "missing" posters in her neighborhood and went door to door looking for him. She called the St. Paul animal shelter and rode the bus there several times.

"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.

"She was just hysterical," said Crystal's grandmother, Shirley Brown. "She was screaming. She said, 'Grandma, it's my dog's head!'

"I said, 'no it can't be!"'

Authorities say the case is an isolated incident and the suspect likely knew the family. A motive is unclear.

"This was so cruel," Crystal said. "This is one sick, twisted person."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.

thats sick what people are capable of

sick and wrong

but mostly sick

with a side of wrong

and a sprinkle of stupidity

Hope whoever did that suffers the penalty. *******

I was having a good day too...

What?!?

What "implied" terroristic threat?

Have you seen Fatal Attraction? Killing a person's pet and then showing off its dead body can certainly be interpreted as a death threat.

What?!?

Terrieristic threat maybe

This is pretty sick. I hope who ever was responsible gets caught and get puts away for a long time.

What?!?

People seem to be debating the definition of terrorism a lot today. I would think that sending someone the head of their dog would be an attempt to inspire terror. It is also likely that it is a warning that even more sinister actions will follow. Perhaps we should have have two terms: political-terrorism and personal-terrorism.

I was disgusted when this headline was in my CNN feed. I'm even more disgusted that it's here, too. Seriously, this is less newsworthy than Anna Nicole Smith, and much more disturbing. I almost never take this tone, but such stories are nauseating. Don't give these sick freaks attention.

People seem to be debating the definition of terrorism a lot today. I would think that sending someone the head of their dog would be an attempt to inspire terror. It is also likely that it is a warning that even more sinister actions will follow. Perhaps we should have have two terms: political-terrorism and personal-terrorism.

What's wrong with "stalking"?
"Stalking is a legal term for repeated harassment or other forms of invasion of a person's privacy in a manner that causes fear to its target."

What's wrong with "stalking"?
"Stalking is a legal term for repeated harassment or other forms of invasion of a person's privacy in a manner that causes fear to its target."

I wouldn't call that stalking. I thought stalking involved following a person around, spying on a person, etc. The perpetrator might have been stalking her too, I don't know.

I had to go up and hug my dog after reading this.:(

I hope this sick bastard dies a slow and painfull death.:mad:

Okay let me phrase this another way: if everything is now called terrorism then the terrorists have won.

Huh? Redefine the word terrorist or the terrorists win?

Okay let me phrase this another way: if everything is now called terrorism then the terrorists have won.
No. If everything's being called terrorism than the terrorists have been marginalized and therefore have not won.

Huh? Redefine the word terrorist or the terrorists win?

No. If everything's being called terrorism than the terrorists have been marginalized and therefore have not won.

I am certain that the word terrorism has never been used pre... pre 9/11 when referring to that kind of despicable act.
Terrorism has a very precise definition and it does not include unknown persons torturing pets for unknown purposes. Terrorist acts have an ideological or a political motive behind them. They're not irrational.

The fact that some people are now willing to use the word as soon as something bad happens says a lot about how paranoiac and paralayzed by fear our society has become - in a sense, exactly what the terrorists were trying to achieve, even though I was a bit tongue-in-cheek when saying the terrorists have won, given how corny that sentence now is.

Top Bottom