Missing leader from contact window.

CainStar

Warlord
Some of the leaders names do not appear of the window, where I click their name to contact them, and I can't change "War Status" in WB either. The missing ones, that I have so far discovered, are Charles V and Deganawida. Also so I could not find "poison tip" promotion in WB anywhere, I mean if I wanted to give to a unit. Is there anyway to fix this anymore, or do I need to start a new game, and what should I do to avoid this problem in the future?

EDIT: Forgot to upload the savegame.

Attachments

• Kain01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Some of the leaders names do not appear of the window, where I click their name to contact them, and I can't change "War Status" in WB either. The missing ones, that I have so far discovered, are Charles V and Deganawida. Also so I could not find "poison tip" promotion in WB anywhere, I mean if I wanted to give to a unit. Is there anyway to fix this anymore, or do I need to start a new game, and what should I do to avoid this problem in the future?

EDIT: Forgot to upload the savegame.
Reinstall mod

BTW, the poison tip promotion is automatically given to the appropriate units that end their turn in a city with Poison Crafter.
(Which *should* mention this in the 'pedia , because I'm not aware of any other building that works like this ?)

BTW, the poison tip promotion is automatically given to the appropriate units that end their turn in a city with Poison Crafter.
(Which *should* mention this in the 'pedia , because I'm not aware of any other building that works like this ?)
Unless it's a (useful for abuse) bug, duh.

Right - actually my bad, it *is* (indirectly) mentioned when the building does NOT say "for new units".
Still confusing, since I'm often surprised by such effects taking place, despite potentially expecting it working this way as a "maybe".
Or maybe I'm just utterly unused to promos being applying NOT to newborn units, lol.

On a somewhat related question:
Do Astrology promos work now, at all?
I'm playing too much in Prehistory, so I don't playtest it enough to get a personal opinion, but I do recall seeing "false alarms" about getting promos that weren't there when I checked the units.

I'm playing too much in Prehistory, so I don't playtest it enough to get a personal opinion, but I do recall seeing "false alarms" about getting promos that weren't there when I checked the units
There could be some assignments taking place on units that can't use the tags that the promotions bring, thus invalidating the promotion as soon as assigned. Ex: A worker gets a combat modifier. It would obviously be best if the check was made to see if the unit should be able to get such a promo, but the order of this check is: Unit trained->check to see if a rare astro promo is assigned to it->yes? woah... ok, randomly pick one of the astro promos to assign -> soon as a promotion is assigned -> wait... should this unit be allowed to have this promotion it has and if not should it just lose it or get a retraining option (if its an astro promo it's totally free and not earned so it just loses it rather than gets to pick a new one.) Unfortunately this CAN lead to being messaged that you got something that as soon as you then check to look into it, it's not there.

There could be some assignments taking place on units that can't use the tags that the promotions bring, thus invalidating the promotion as soon as assigned. Ex: A worker gets a combat modifier. It would obviously be best if the check was made to see if the unit should be able to get such a promo, but the order of this check is: Unit trained->check to see if a rare astro promo is assigned to it->yes? woah... ok, randomly pick one of the astro promos to assign -> soon as a promotion is assigned -> wait... should this unit be allowed to have this promotion it has and if not should it just lose it or get a retraining option (if its an astro promo it's totally free and not earned so it just loses it rather than gets to pick a new one.) Unfortunately this CAN lead to being messaged that you got something that as soon as you then check to look into it, it's not there.
It just sucks, booooo.

I just trying to find it from WBs promotions list.......not that I was trying to cheat or anything....:D
It's likely to be locked behind Dummy Tech and WB menu is filtered of invalid promos, because there are too many of them.

And now I started a new game and picked my leader to be Nebuchadnezzar II. Imagine my suprise when I started my game as Gilgamesh.......
This time I picked a different map generator than the last. Are some of the map generators broken? Which one should I use?

Last edited:
Top Bottom