Missing out on religion

Danzo_87

Warlord
As per the title, what's your next step knowing if the religion you will be getting from the AI is the dominant one, and you cant stop it with your own religion?

I just skip the religion game entirely...it's not worth the tedium of the apostle/missionary spam from the AI. Especially now that you can keep your pantheon. The heavy investment in holy sites/associated buildings as well as policy cards just isn't worth it.

Ironically when I don't found a religion the AI basically skips over my territory and I never get a majority religion...of course I have Religious Victory disabled so that may be the reason.

Well go ahead and kill everyone is one way, but what if I want to pursue another victory condition? Living in perpetual anxiety seeing enemy apostle approaching and you can do nothing besides warring the civ is not good at all, i might just disable the victory condition entirely though

As per the title, what's your next step knowing if the religion you will be getting from the AI is the dominant one, and you cant stop it with your own religion?
Can't bring myself to care. Too many bonuses only apply to holy districts, so... whatever. If they happen to bring me useful bonuses, it's a random benefit, same with the random start.
After 10 finished games and a dozen started and abandoned, the odds that they'll actually spread it to most of my cities seems pretty small. Lately they've been spreading their religion to one or two cities then wandering off. They only come back if one of my conquered cities happen to spawn a religion, and then they swarm.

Surprise by the calm attitude here since its actually a victory condition lol, guess i will chill and let the game play out as I planned and see where will it takes me then

Once you see a Religion monger, it's time to find them and start taking their cities. Seriously.

Top Bottom