Missing UI Elements

wayneb64

Prince
I have only completed one game so far, and just started on my second one so maybe I am missing something, but there seems to be a few holes in the UI.

One virtue gives 0.25 health per military unit but I see no way to see how many military units I have. What happened to the unit list from Civ V and every other version of Civ?

Why do I need to create a trade unit or wait until an existing trade route ends to get the the available trade routes screen?

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but could not find it with search.

At the bottom right part of the screen are various icons that bring up various menus. To the very left of these icons is a small + sign. If you click on this, you get a new list of menus that includes both the trade route overview and the unit list.

I was just writing a similar complaint then read the post above me. I need to go and take a look in game. I'd never spotted those menus

Wow, that is small, even knowing where to look I didn't see it the first or second time I looked for it.

Thanks!

Yeah, I had similar problems my first game, haha. Not until I started a second game did I happen to notice the tiny plus sign next to the other bottom buttons!

There were some other things I missed or didn't notice on this UI too. One that I remember not noticing right away was the convenient trade route count within city screens. The Firaxis launch livestream video actually pointed it out and helped me discover it.

EDIT: Oh, and hovering over things on the unit panel on the left side of the screen to see promotions and experience!

Top Bottom