Missing UI

Dr_Pop

Chieftain
Hi all. Long time CivFanatics lurker (circa 2007), first time poster. First of all, I think C2C is the best thing ever done with the Civ 4 engine and wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work.

I've played C2C for about a year now, pretty much without issue.

I recently had to have my computer factory reset, in the process losing everything. I reinstalled Civ and noticed a new version of C2C had been released (v38). I installed both v37 and v38 to my Mods folder (so I could see which I prefer).

However, whenever I start a game of C2C, in either version of the Mod, the entire UI is missing. I mean everything. You can only use hotkeys. I tried toggling ALT+I but it doesn't re-appear.

This issue isn't happening in standard BtS, nor in any other mod. BtS is updated to 3.19. I'm using the GoG version of Civ 4 Complete.

Any help with the matter would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi all. Long time CivFanatics lurker (circa 2007), first time poster. First of all, I think C2C is the best thing ever done with the Civ 4 engine and wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work.

I've played C2C for about a year now, pretty much without issue.

I recently had to have my computer factory reset, in the process losing everything. I reinstalled Civ and noticed a new version of C2C had been released (v38). I installed both v37 and v38 to my Mods folder (so I could see which I prefer).

However, whenever I start a game of C2C, in either version of the Mod, the entire UI is missing. I mean everything. You can only use hotkeys. I tried toggling ALT+I but it doesn't re-appear.

This issue isn't happening in standard BtS, nor in any other mod. BtS is updated to 3.19. I'm using the GoG version of Civ 4 Complete.

Any help with the matter would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can only have 1 version in the Mods folder. That is why you have missing UI. (just place the other version in a folder outside the game directory to have when you want to swap)

Also because of this you will need to clear the cache folder (delete all it's contents) found here for win 10 ; C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache. (This will need to be done everytime you swap out the versions)

did you name the mod folder something else than Caveman2Cosmos?
This is usually the problem here. But make sure to work through all the getting started notes in the Players Guide to v38 and make sure you're not missing a step there. Like starting a game with 'play now/' first to setup the initial player settings folder... and so on.

did you name the mod folder something else than Caveman2Cosmos?

Yes. Turns out this was where I went wrong.

This is usually the problem here. But make sure to work through all the getting started notes in the Players Guide to v38 and make sure you're not missing a step there. Like starting a game with 'play now/' first to setup the initial player settings folder... and so on.

Perfect. Problem solved, thanks for all your help!

Hi everyone, I'm running into the same issue. I only have one C2C folder in my mods and haven't changed the name. I went to the player's guide as indicated and then arrived at post 12 here, which supposedly shows how to fix this... but the explanatory images in this post are not there anymore, so I don't know what to move where. Any help? :)

Yeah, I didn't change the name of the folder. I do read that there's some thing with opening the game, loading the values, etc, then restarting the game, but can't really make that work either.

Yeah, I didn't change the name of the folder. I do read that there's some thing with opening the game, loading the values, etc, then restarting the game, but can't really make that work either.
Reinstall game and mod then - something somewhere could get corrupted.

Top Bottom