Missing Units sounds...

laski

Chieftain
Hey there, I have a problem (this happens since I have memory modding C3C) concerning units sounds.

I usually play in my own ancient scenario, so I have a lot of units (more than 150 so far).

Sometimes, some specific units simply doesn't reproduce sounds. For example, I have 31 archer units (one for each civ), then these units doesn't use the attack sound when attack or defend (all of it has the proper .ini configuration sound, in this case /archer/)
Sometimes this happens with another type of unit, for example, swordmen, they don't reproduce attack sounds (but in this case archers does). And sometimes happens with naval units too (galley mostly).

So my question is simple: What can I do ?

Thanks in advance and forgive me for my bad english

Hey there, I have a problem (this happens since I have memory modding C3C) concerning units sounds.

I usually play in my own ancient scenario, so I have a lot of units (more than 150 so far).

Sometimes, some specific units simply doesn't reproduce sounds. For example, I have 31 archer units (one for each civ), then these units doesn't use the attack sound when attack or defend (all of it has the proper .ini configuration sound, in this case /archer/)
Sometimes this happens with another type of unit, for example, swordmen, they don't reproduce attack sounds (but in this case archers does). And sometimes happens with naval units too (galley mostly).

Hy Laski...I would you explain, but my english is bad too....I play my own ancient mod....do you have good Carthagian units (my favouirite)....my problem is, when I researched last technogology are not more ancient cities...they are modern...little funny...ancient units in modern cities.....How did you resolve this problem?...

Vladi: you need to edit the "civilization advances" tab and change a lot of civ advances, I made a few new civ advances and I put 1000 cost so with 5 or 6 you will probably have more than 200 turns to play, then simply change the "Era" to all of the civ advances that have Industrial or modern, change it to ancient or medieval.

Hi laski,
the units you have downloaded have a .ini file in their folder (a text file that you can open with the notepad), and this .ini file tells the game where to look for animations (.flc files) and sounds. The last section of this text is what you have to modify.

If no sound is playing, it's because there's no info corresponding to each action (Attack, Fortify, Death, etc.). Lately, unitmakers have included an ini file with links to the original units by Firaxis, for example: FORTIFY=..\Archer\ArcherFortify.wav

It means: when playing the Fortify animation, play the ArcherFortify wave file that can be found in the Archer folder. If you have the English version of the game installed, then there's no problem. If you have an other version (like myself - French version) you need to create that folder and copy everything from the original Archer folder in that folder.

Then correct the .ini file in each of your Archers folders. They should look like this (you can copy / paste the text below):
Spoiler :
[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=..\Archer\ArcherRun.amb
ATTACK1=..\Archer\ArcherAttack.amb
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=..\Archer\ArcherDeath.wav
DEAD=
FORTIFY=..\Archer\ArcherFortify.wav
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=..\Archer\ArcherVictory.wav
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=
PauseROAD=
PauseMINE=
PauseIRRIGATE=
[Version]
VERSION=1
[Palette]
PALETTE=

Hope this helps. If you have any other question, just ask :)

themanuneed, thanks for your reply. I already have all the units with the corresponding sounds effects in the .ini files, for example I put the archer sounds to all of the early archers and I put the longbowman sounds to all the late archers, but for an unknown reason sometimes I miss some of the sounds, its ramdom, sometimes I miss archers sounds, sometimes I miss horseman sounds and sometimes I miss even naval units sounds.

Maybe I have some units with no sounds in the .ini file, but I think I'm not, but I am not 100% sure because I am using more than 500 units, I will check again

Thanks for your help buddy

Top Bottom