1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Missionaries vs barbs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Archon_Wing, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Just wondering. Now that you have to "condemn" a religious unit, they are much harder to kill now. Do barbs have to do the same thing to kill a missionary? Is it possible to yoink barb camps with them?

Basically if I decide to send missionaries overseas unprotected, how safe are they?

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

not very safe at all, I'm pretty sure I've had religious units lost to barbs.

3. fodazd

fodazd Chieftain

Yes, Barbs need to condemn heretic. You can even move right through them if you want.

Religious Units can't collect barb camps or tribal villages.

EDIT: Naval Barbs don't need to condemn heretic I think, or at least it is much less of a problem for them because they have more move than land Barbs.

4. Forster

Forster Prince

Condemn them? I was wondering why I couldn't kill missionaries. How do you condemn them? Are you talking about the inquisitor?

5. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

Since religious units now move on a separate layer from military units (as of the SE Asia patch), military units now need to use a special action, like plundering a trade route, to kill religious units. This applies to barbarians as well, which makes it much easier to use the apostle promotion that converts adjacent barbarians.