Missions?

The Caltrop

Chieftain
Maybe you could set missions in other civ's territory? These would be like cities, except that they can only produce religious units. The bigger the 'population', the more influence it has on the countryside? Nations can also expel foriegn religious-folk, if they want, at the price of reduced relations.

This would be good if you wanted to have some major conversion operations in a place that is far away, or would e otherwise impractical to send missionaries there from your home nation one by one.

Comments?

You will be able to construct Missionaries for your religion. The assumption has been they will work something like the spy units from Civ2 - you move them into an opponent's city and try to "convert" (or maybe just "establish mission") .. all in hopes of converting the native population to your religion.

Darwin420 said:
You will be able to construct Missionaries for your religion. The assumption has been they will work something like the spy units from Civ2 - you move them into an opponent's city and try to "convert" (or maybe just "establish mission") .. all in hopes of converting the native population to your religion.

I know. :p

But I'm saying wouldnt't it be cool if could could establish MISSIONS, not missionaries, in foriegn lands, a la real life?

I think I would just slay the buggers the moment they stepped within my borders, headed toward my city or to build a mission, regardless they are going to be slaughtered.

Slyk said:
I think I would just slay the buggers the moment they stepped within my borders, headed toward my city or to build a mission, regardless they are going to be slaughtered.

And that is totally an option in my proposed model. :goodjob:

Don't you think murdering missionaries would make them martyrs?
A killed missionary would still generate some conversions by showing his faith in face of death. Commiting atrocities like killing missionaries and civilians could also penalize your culture.

I would think that missionaries would work the same way ( alot more advanced verson of with some other adjustments) as in Colinzation if any of you have played you understand.

Top Bottom