1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MLB Early Season Poll

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by KMRblue1027, May 14, 2012.

?

Poll

1. Phillies miss playoffs

66.7%
  2. Nats win NL East

33.3%
  3. Orioles make playoffs

16.7%
  4. Red Sox miss playoffs

100.0%
  5. Hamilton wins AL tripple crown

16.7%
  6. Kemp wins NL tripple crown

16.7%
  7. Texas wins >105 games

33.3%
  8. David Wright is traded

50.0%
  9. Harper or Matt Moore traded

16.7%
  10. Repeat of Game 162 with any team combo

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

So with the first month and a half out of the way, my friends and I made a number of bets based on various things to come this season. I figured I might share them with you and see which things seem likely to you.

2. Rashiminos

Rashiminos Fool Prophet

It seems too early to predict a lot of those things, especially some Game 162 drama.

I don't see the Nats trading Harper unless they have to replace an injury, and I'm not sure what Moore would trade for that balances out the loss in starting pitching.

The Red Sox will get clobbered by 4 good AL East teams.

3. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

I think the NL West is gearing up for what is going to be a truly great summer. The Giants look dopey on the whole, but I keep seeing flashes of brilliance, signs of how unflappable the Giants can be when the team is firing on all cylinders. I think once the defense works itself out (it's already getting there) and Panda comes back we're going to give the Dodgers a serious run for their money. It's going to be a great summer.

Also I really hope the Nats and O's keep doing what they're doing.

4. say1988

say1988 Deity

I wouldn't count on the Jays and Os keeping up the pace. The Jays are already starting to come apart. I think these teams are both in great positions going forward, though and would be betting on playoffs in the next few years in any other division.
    The AL East is starting to look absolutely brutal (two good young teams, two excellent teams, and one with the history and money to turn it around very quickly), even by AL East standards.

I still doubt the Sox can get into the playoffs. Even if Baltimore and Toronto comletely fall apart I doubt they can get enough wins off New York and Tampa to get the second wild card spot, though I wouldn't be shocked if they snuck up to third place.