MLB Early Season Poll

Poll

• Total voters

KMRblue1027

The Crown!
So with the first month and a half out of the way, my friends and I made a number of bets based on various things to come this season. I figured I might share them with you and see which things seem likely to you.

It seems too early to predict a lot of those things, especially some Game 162 drama.

I don't see the Nats trading Harper unless they have to replace an injury, and I'm not sure what Moore would trade for that balances out the loss in starting pitching.

The Red Sox will get clobbered by 4 good AL East teams.

I think the NL West is gearing up for what is going to be a truly great summer. The Giants look dopey on the whole, but I keep seeing flashes of brilliance, signs of how unflappable the Giants can be when the team is firing on all cylinders. I think once the defense works itself out (it's already getting there) and Panda comes back we're going to give the Dodgers a serious run for their money. It's going to be a great summer.

Also I really hope the Nats and O's keep doing what they're doing.

The Red Sox will get clobbered by 4 good AL East teams.
I wouldn't count on the Jays and Os keeping up the pace. The Jays are already starting to come apart. I think these teams are both in great positions going forward, though and would be betting on playoffs in the next few years in any other division.
The AL East is starting to look absolutely brutal (two good young teams, two excellent teams, and one with the history and money to turn it around very quickly), even by AL East standards.

I still doubt the Sox can get into the playoffs. Even if Baltimore and Toronto comletely fall apart I doubt they can get enough wins off New York and Tampa to get the second wild card spot, though I wouldn't be shocked if they snuck up to third place.

Top Bottom