mm12:Roman Challenge AWE

The goal here was to test the liimits. Rome is ideal and we had a good start, went through only maybe 3-4 to find it though so it is not that unusual. Also our continent looked a bit better than the other one and they got stuck with Monty. It was all random so that was just the luck of the draw but he started a war with everyone else so that I'm sure helped us. I think this could be done with Persia and Incans as well as Rome. You could do it with 1civ on your starting continent with most any other civ. Maybe custom 3 continents. Also I think you must have tech trading off to make a go at this level. I don't think AW is winnable without the tech lead in civ4.

Great game guys, very exciting. IT all seems so logical, I don't know why I can't pull stuff like that off when I play! :rolleyes:

Question: Do you think AWE, with tech trading off, is easier or harder than AWM with tech trading on?

I think AWE with no tech is harder due to the production advantage. I don't think the lead AI research slower in AWE (with no trades) compared to AWM (with trades). The biggest difference is that certain civs fall further behind so in AWE there can be easier targets.

Top Bottom