MNAI Essentials Lite

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
Here's MNAI Essentials Lite for MNAI 2.5 , includes:

1) Lumbermills can be built on Ancient Forests
2) Goblin forts start with a strong scorpion goblin instead of a scorpion archer
3) Power Ratio on the scoreboard without Advanced Tactics
4) BalancedPlus mapscript, i.e. Balanced fixed for FFH so it spawns the new resources

MNAI Essentials also includes:

5) Shadow requires Esus state religion
6) Garrim Gyr is Arcane instead of Defender
7) Elohim gains Spiritual instead of Tolerant
8) Decius gains Tolerant instead of Raiders
9) Elohim start with Religion civic, Kuriotates and Sidar with Nationhood ( instead of Pacifism )
10) Doviello Beastmen can upgrade directly to Battlemasters with Iron Working
11) Doviello Battlemasters cost the same as regular Champions
12) Create Battering Ram requires Doviello civilization instead of Khazad
13) Harpy event: AI will no longer choose the great bard ( it cannot evaluate if it's the right choice )
14) Removed the version of the Minister Koun event that does not grant a permanent alliance
15) National Epic no longer gives commander GPP, cost 200 ( was 250 )
16) Heroic Epic gives 2 commander gpp ( was 1 ) , cost 250 ( was 200 )
17) Overcouncil/Undercouncil available at Ways of the Wise/Ways of the Wicked instead of Honour/Deception
18) Planar Gates are cheaper( 200 instead of 300 ) , spawn chance scales linearly with AC
19) Pyre Zombies/Azer explosions damage capped at 90%
20) Sorcery is a higher bulb priority than Alteration/Divination/Elementalism/Necromancy for great sages
21) AIs declare war when you finish the four magical towers, rather than when you start the tower of mastery
22) Removed Mistform from lair exploration spawn list
23) Barbarian Spectres need level 6 to upgrade to wraiths ( was 5 )
24) Replaced starting settler promotion with Sentry
25) Demagogs spawned from towns start with metal weapons if the city has access to metal
26) Sons of the Inferno have max 4 national limit
27) Blur no longer gives immunity to defensive strikes
28) Spirit III allows Calm, a spell which removes Enraged
29) Golden Hammers can still add to city as engineer after they are dropped
30) Blinding Light, Entangle and Spores now work via promotions ( equally effective in SP and MP )

If someone wants an updated MNAI Essentials with more tweaks from here and here , or has other ones to suggest, please go ahead and post what you want in it. Should be fun to develop as a community effort. However be advised that a few tweaks from post #12 are currently above my league and I might need a bit of help to add them :D

Credits: Vehem, Lone Wolf, MagisterCultuum, Sareln, Sephi, Molach, Terkhen, Tholal, xienwolf, Rystic, Tasunke, possibly others :D

Attachments

• MNAI Essentials Lite.rar
    176.3 KB · Views: 105
  • MNAI Essentials.rar
    493.7 KB · Views: 94
reuploaded, I've removed the "no Kuriotate AI" thingy as it needlessly edits single player. just manually pick AIs in multiplayer and avoid Kuriotates as they are known to cause OOS in MP environment.

uploaded MNAI Essentials for 2.5, only a couple changes on top of Lite for now.

MNAI Essentials also includes:

Shadow requires Esus state religion
Elohim gets Spiritual instead of Tolerant, Decius gains Tolerant instead of Raiders

updated with some more tweaks:

Kuriotates and Elohim start with Religion civic, Sidar with Nationhood ( instead of Pacifism )
Doviello Beastmen can upgrade directly to Battlemasters with Iron Working
Create Battering Ram requires Doviello civilization instead of Khazad
Harpy event: AI will no longer choose the great bard ( it can't evaluate if it's the right choice )
Removed the version of the Minister Koun event that does not grant a permanent alliance
National Epic no longer gives commander GPP
Code of Junil gives commander GPP instead of engineer GPP
Overcouncil/Undercouncil available at Ways of the Wise/Ways of the Wicked instead of Honour/Deception
Planar Gates are cheaper
Pyre Zombies/Azer explosions damage capped at 90%

updated with a couple more tweaks:

Sorcery is a higher bulb priority than Alteration/Divination/Elementalism/Necromancy
Strength of Will is a higher bulb priority than Pass through the Ether
Tower of Mastery / Final Altar of the Luonnotar are more expensive to rushbuy
Doviello Battlemaster costs the same as a regular Champion

also removed Mistform from the henchmen list from big bag lair results, which hopefully will be in the next MNAI as well :)

Code of Junil GPP back to Engineer ( like vanilla )

National epic cost 200 ( was 250 )

Heroic epic 2 commander GPP ( was 1) , cost 250 ( was 200 )

i.e. I've just moved the commander GPP from national to heroic epic and rebalanced their cost because of it. so you can still make a commander GP farm by building them in the same city, like in vanilla FFH2.

Goblin forts start with a strong scorpion goblin instead of a scorpion archer

Replaced starting settler promotion with Sentry

Now also includes a file to tweak Blinding Light, Spores and Entangle for use with simultaneous turns multiplayer. Swap it out as needed. ;)

Demagogues start with metal promotions, provided the tile is connected to a city with metal available. Enclaves no longer spawn demagogues, I figured one would much rather keep them around.

I've also included a fix for Liches which hopefully will be in 2.51 , now they are max 4 per player instead of max 3 per team.

updated:

Sons of the Inferno have max 4 national limit
Blur no longer gives immunity to defensive strikes
Kuriotate starting civic is now nationhood instead of religion

Gekko are these changes that were rejected for the main part of the modmod or small add-ons to it?

Not quite sure what you mean there :D

This is my two cents at putting the finishing touches on FFH while changing as little as possible.

More Naval AI is focused on bugfixes and AI improvements, so these tweaks don't really belong there.

You just have to choose for yourself if you find these changes agreeable enough ;)

I'm saying that I love these changes and agree with them (especially the Undercouncil/Overcouncil move) and they should be added into the main part of the modmod.

Top Bottom