mNotW VI - Trust a few, fear the rest - Game thread

Sprig

めんどくさい
Night of the Werewolves: Trust a few, fear the rest.

- - -​
It took three long years to get to this point. Finally Professor Winston Hughes (Charles Xavier) was finally getting some traction. The fact that he could get Senator Autolycus (Robert Edward Kelly) to agree to peace talks was no mean feat. Yet here everybody was, ready to negotiate so that peace between humans and mutants could move forward.

The Professor spoke into the microphone once more. “I am sure that we can agree that Mutants can help enhance the life of everybody living on this planet. We are not a threat to humans and just wish to co-exist. To suppress us, is to threaten the progress of humanity and furthermore will only….”

“Yet there is no safety for us humans” the Senator interjected “you talk of peace, yet thousands of people every where are dying because of mutants using their powers against us. You are not interested in peace, you just wish to take over as rulers of this nation and planet.”

The Senator prattled on and the professor was distracted by his aide, Jean. “Professor, we are sure, it looks like the ‘Friends of Humanity’ have been funding the senator for years. I doubt very much that he is here for peace.” “You maybe right” the professor responded. “It is important that we find out what their goals are.” Jean walked away confident. She knew it wouldn’t be too hard.

Several shots rang out in the hall, followed by a few more. The professor’s bodyguard, Logan ran out and looked for the shooter. Only then did he become aware that the Senator was lying on the ground, with blood coming out of a wound on his arm. Despite this he kept his place in front of the professor. The Professor whispered slowly “It’s alright Logan; I am safe & protected, see to the Senator.” He had seen an old friend in the crowd, and noticed two bullets suspended neatly in midair, motionless.

Logan ran over to where the Senator lay. “Get away from me” the senator yelled. “I know what you are, you and your kind just want to take over. Well, guess what, we won’t let you.” By now the senators own crew had arrived and checked the senator for other wounds. Lucky for the senator, he was wearing a Bullet proof vest. “Close the doors and lock everyone in.” the Senator yelled out. “I am sure we can find who is responsible for this.”

Jean now by the professors side, stared that the bullets motionless in the air and then watched as they dropped straight onto the ground. “Magneto” she muttered under her breath. “Is he responsible for this?” “I don’t think so.” The professor replied “He wouldn’t need to use a shooter nor would he gain anything in attacking then protecting me. One thing is clear, we are in for a world of trouble, it is best that we be on our toes…’ the professor looked down at his own helpless and lifeless legs. “Or so to speak.”

- - -​

Rules

Spoiler Rules :

Shamelessly stolen from King Morgan’s mini NotW

Time Cycle – The game will alternate between 24 hour days and 24 hour nights. During the daytime, accusations votes may be made, and public messages may be posted. During the night, player abilities may be used in secret by PM'ing the GM. Private Messages may be sent regardless of the time of day.

The first day will be 48 Hours then switch to 24 hrs cycles. There might be extensions of time depends on whether i have time to do write ups and what not.

Voting – There will be no voting, just accusations. At the end of the day cycle, a player will be killed. For the first two days, this will require at least 50% of the accusations, after that more than the runner up is the only thing needed. You will not be required to accuse in a certain format, just bolding will be sufficient

Roleplaying – Don’t just make a post that just contains a vote. Please add at least a little flavour to your posts. Please note that there will be no public roles. Everyone will just be a standard citizen of Earth.

Roles – Before the game starts every player will sent a PM giving them there secret role for the game. The role PM will tell you your Role, Alignment, Victory condition, Ability/abilities, Personal Goal & Background.

Communication Etiquette : Regarding public messages, Do Not Talk at Night. Also if you're dead, don't make any posts regarding the game.

Regarding private messages, there's a reason they're called private. Don't directly copy and paste quotes from private messages into other private messages or into public posts. Summarize them if you want, but don't give a word-for-word quote, and don't give the impression that you're doing so. The big exception here is if you know that the recipient has already seen the PM in question - that is, you can see on your copy of the PM that it was also forwarded to the third party. This exception is there just because it makes group discussions over CFC's PM system a lot more convenient. Similarly no direct copying of IM logs either.

Finally, remember that this last rule goes doubly for any PMs you have from the GM - do not, under any circumstances, copy and paste your ability description, your Alignment, your victory condition, or anything else from your starting PM. The same goes for confirmations of ability use or whatever. Summarize it if you want, but word-for-word quotes are not permitted.

Please be careful in what you choose to reveal from your role pm. this applies expecially to your Role and Alignment.

I reserve the right to steer the game (for the purposes of balance), indulge me - it's my first time!

Day 1

With Senator Autolycus all patched up from the bullet wound he was quick to demand answers. “Just what do you mutants think you are playing at, what do you want, war? If you want it, we will bring it. We do not fear you.” His speech was loud and righteous sounding. His eyes narrowed and focused on a figure standing in the hall. “You! Was that you, who tried to assassinate me, you working for those mutants?” Poor Love found herself receiving some much unwanted attention. “Surely not” she cried out. “I want peace as much as the next person.”

The Senator focused on another person, much larger this time. “You don’t look that human.” Several others spoke up to voice their suspicions. AskThePizzaGuy keeping quiet didn’t help the situation. When he finally spoke to his defence the senator launched into a tirade against the him. This was more than Professor Winston Hughes could tolerate. “Enough, there is no evidence that this man has done anything wrong. You are being a hindrance rather than helpful.”

“Fine” the senator replied “You have it your way this time but I will not let anyone go until we find who tried to assassinate me”. With that he stormed out of the room. Lucky for everyone there are enough rooms in the facility to accommodate them all.

Night 1

It was difficult for her to get to sleep. She was really worried about what she got herself tangled up in. She thought about simpler days back when she was young when she hadn’t even heard the term mutant. Even though she was awake, she didn’t hear the movement outside her door.

Graydon Creed knew he must make sure that he didn’t get caught; he double checked the area to make sure no one was around. Finally he was sure, he stood outside the door and his hand made its way to the door handle. He slowly opened the door and saw his target lying on her side on the bed, facing away from the door. A grin appeared upon his face. ’All too easy’ he thought. It was an illusion that was soon dispelled when a gruff voice voice whispered into his ear. “And where do you think you are going?”

Greydon’s grin disappeared split seconds before a fist was slammed against his face he toppled over end over end before slamming into a wall. His head was spinning just as his body had done. He tried to look at who hit him. It was a large figure whose hands were hanging stoically by his side. Greydon starred in disbelief as three sharp, long claws extended out of each of the stoic hands. Despite being very fuzzy Greydon’s mind clicked, he had seen this figure before… ‘What was his name? Ahhh, yes Wolverine, that’s it.’ Unfortunately that memory only added to the horror for poor Greydon. Wolverine advanced upon him. “I’ll make a Kebab out of you.”

“Nooo, Stop, please” The woman had jumped out of bed at the sound of the noise in her doorway. She has just seen Wolverine punch Graydon. She made her way to out into the hall way and pleaded to Wolverine. “Please don’t hurt him, please. What’s he done? Please don’t.” Wolverine turned to face the woman, “Girly, This little scum was trying to get into your room. If I hadn’t been here…” Wolverine retracted his claws “Look girly, stay in your room. You will be safe there. And I will take care of this guy!” He turned to face where Greydon had collided with the wall. Yet Greydon was no longer there, he still had enough senses to get out when Wolverine was distracted. “Blast, he gone” Wolverine sniffed the air, something didn’t feel quite right… he saw a shadow move at that other end of the hall. “Stay here, girly” he said as he went to track down the source of the shadow.

Elsewhere, Bill Stryker was whistling a song to himself, while putting the last bullets into the clip, and then slapping the clip into a M4A1 carbine rifle. Bill finished his song in words “…and the Humans Race, marches on!” With the conclusion of his song, he set out from his room. It didn’t take him long to reach where he was going. He put a silencer on his rifle and kicked down the door in front of him. He didn’t bother to check for targets, he just opened fire. Glass shattered and walls had puffs of disintegrated plaster leap from newly created holes. Bill reloaded his weapon and checked to see if he hit anything worthwhile.

Bill cursed, his target wasn’t here. ‘Oh well’ he thought as he walked out of the room. ‘Might as well have some extra fun’ He loosened a grenade attached to his belt. But just like Wolverine, he noticed a shadow move. He casually gazed down the hall and then looked in the other direction. Calm and collected, he pulled the pin on the grenade and made it look like he would throw it in the room. But with a flick of the wrist he threw it down the hall, turned and walked off in the other direction waiting for the detonation of the grenade.

Wolverine ran down the corridor, following the scent of the shadow. As he turned the corner he caught a glimpse of a human shaped figure up ahead. His protracted his claws, and got ready to charge the person ahead. He leaped forward, almost there, two more bounds and he’s got him. But suddenly and explosion crashed into him knocking him backwards. It was like the guy in front of him had just exploded. A bit further away Bill smirked as he made his way back to his room.

Wolverine jumped back to his feet and searched the area of the explosion; there was no trace of his mystery person. ‘I better not hang around’ he thought to himself and made his way back to the room he was protecting. As he disappears, the shadowy figure stepped out into the light. ‘That was a close call, he though to himself’ and went back into his room.

Elsewhere, Juggernaut heard an explosion. “Trouble eh” he said out loud. He placed a helmet on his head, stood up and strode off. “Time to make more!” Unluckily for Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin that meant more trouble for him. He was one of the few to sleep comfortably. He did not notice the explosion that the grenade made, nor did he notice the rumbling sound that was getting closer and closer to him. With a huge crash the wall to his room burst into little splinters. Finally he woke up and just in time too. A huge hand, twice the size of his face, came down and tried to grab him. He rolled of the bed and quickly leaped to his feet. Piotr was no fool; he wasn’t going to hang round. He made for the door. The Juggernaut was on to him though, Piotr was fast but the Juggernaut still caught Piotr on the shoulder with his swiping fist. This was actually to Piotr’s advantage despite the pain he was in as the Juggernaut effectively punched him through the door.

Piotr staggered to his feet and started to run down the hall to the window at the end. The Juggernaut followed, enlarging the door way on his way through, though the Juggernaut’s reactions were on the slow side, he was no slouch. He bundled down the corridor gaining on poor Piotr, he looked ahead and smiled, the corridor was coming to an end and he was almost with in reach of Piotr. At the last second Piotr ducked into in an open doorway. The juggernaut tried to slow down and follow Piotr but his momentum was too great, he crashed through the window and fell down three stories to the ground below and landed with a sickening thud. Piotr looked down and watched the Juggernaut get up unharmed and make another entrance while proceeding back into the building.

Donovan Zane
was another person who had been busy that night. He had just watched Jason Wyngarde come out of his room and head towards the bathroom. Now was his chance, he quickly popped inside the room and placed some C4 and a remote detonator under the couch and quickly made his way out. Watching from afar he saw Jason come back out of the bathroom and make his way back to where he was staying. Jason reached to the door handle and paused, he didn’t recall leaving the door ajar. He looked down both ways of this hall, something didn’t feel right, In the distance he heard a scream. Ok he knew there was something not right. Question was did he go towards the scream or away from it. Suddenly there was a loud crack followed by a thump in the same direction of the scream. That made Jason’s decision easy, ‘away it is’ he thought. At that moment Donovan Zane lost his patience and pressed the trigger. The C4 erupted and blew the door of the hinges and slammed along with Jason into the wall opposite. Blood trickled down Jason’s head as he pushed the door off him. He was bloody lucky that he didn’t suffer any major damage. Once he regained his composure and checked his surroundings, he turned and ran down the hall looking for help. Donovan cursed and went back to his room.

Remy LeBeau was another that could not sleep. He nervously shuffled his pack of cards; In order to pass the time he was playing solitaire. He was sure he heard an explosion earlier in the night. He knew things were going to get worse before they get better. But exactly how much worse is the question. Remy didn’t have time to react at all as a massive creature like man smashed into his room and slash at him with his claws. Remy didn’t even have time to even register that he had been cut as another dirty great big claw wrapped around his neck and lifted him off the ground. “Who?” Remy stupidly blurted out. “Filthy Human” the creature bellowed and slammed him into the wall but did not let go of his throat. “Sabretooth, but you don’t need to know that.” Remy felt life leaving him, he struggled for breath, he hadn’t even let go of the cards in his hand. His attacker shook him, “Don’t worry, I won’t strangle you to death.” Remy tried to respond “…Please… Don’t… Didn’t… Anything…” His attacker just laughed cruelly. “Just being human is enough”.

“I know what I’ll do, I’ll be a bit more creative, I think I will rip your heart out” and with that Sabertooth used his spare hand and reached forward to Remy’s chest. Remy let out a blood curdling scream as claws pierced his chest. He felt one… no, two of his ribs break. But at the same time he felt massive heat in his hand, a rapid built up of heat, it felt like it was going to burn him. Despite Sabretooth seconds from ripping out Remy’s heart out, Remy raised his hand and looked at it. The deck of cards that were still in his hands were glowing white, and in a flash exploded sending Sabretooth flying across the room and cleanly through the wall. Remy gasped for some air, and left in a flash before Sabretooth could come back at him.

Day 2

With all that happened last night, the mood within the auditorium was certainly changed from what was manly just shock the day before. It didn’t take long for the people gather to look for answers. The person with the most suspicion on them sat silently in the corner. In fact it was her silence that drew the most attention. It didn’t take long for several people to start asking questions of her. Whether she was frighten of everyone or had something to hide it was difficult to tell. Either way, she kept quiet and didn’t utter a word. Even after Senator Autolycus told her she was going to be made an example of, she didn’t make a peep. This naturally made people quite uneasy and unsure how to proceed.

Fortunately a young looking lad named Nathaniel Essex somehow managed to draw attention to himself with his proclamation that they shouldn’t proceed on a wild goose hunt. “Get him up here” yelled the Senator and before Essex could react he found a dozen pair of hand on him dragging him to the front. “What do you have to say for yourself” The senator demanded. Essex looked round in a state of confusion. “What are you talking about? I haven’t done anything!” However someone yelled out from the group of onlookers “It was him that shot the senator”. The next thing anyone noticed, one of the Senators aids had placed his gun up to the side of Essex’s head.

Professor Winston Hughes tried in vain to stop what happened next, but he was too late. Where Nathaniel Essex’s head once was, there was just a mushy red mass. The body dropped to the floor and the Professor wheeled himself over to it. He placed his hand on the body; perhaps he could get a reading from him still, memory in his cells or something.
Spoiler :
Camikaze (Nathianiel Essex) was Innocent.

“See what happens when you rush things Senator... There is a better way.” With that the professor left in disgust. And everybody retired for the night leaving the senator to organise removal of the body.

Player list

askthepizzaguy - Lynched - Brotherhood of Mutants
Love - Clawed - Innocent
Seon - Alive

Winston Hughes - Alive
choxorn - Lynched - Friends of Humanity
Civplayah - Shot - Brotherhood of Mutants

Krill - Impaled - Innocent
Renata - Impaled - Unknown
PaulusIII - Alive

Autolycus - Alive
Rhawn - Alive
j65536d - Lynched - Friends of Humanity

Diamondeye - Alive
Camikaze - Lynched - Innocent
CivGeneral - Alive

CCRunner - Lynched - Friends of Humanity
Nictel - Lynched - Brotherhood of Mutants
TheLastOne - Lynched - Serial Killer

Reserves

It is now Day 1. Voting will close in roughly 50 hrs time. Monday, 5pm New Zealand time (+13 GMT) This will be sunday night/monday morning for most of you.

Before you post, please double check your Alignment and Victory condition. and PM / IM me if you have any questions.

I vote Swedishguy, unless that's only funny in Mafia games, in which case I abstain for now. [/subscribe]

lurker's comment: I cant believe I missed the sign ups :(

Checking in. Don't know who to vote, so I'll just throw a RNG and poke a random player. Vote will ofc be retracted when/if that player responds :)

Oooh, 16. CCRunner, you here yet?

The senator returns from getting his arm bandaged. He looks around the hall suspiciously, where everyone is milling about in a royal panic.
Alright Love, where were you when the shots were fired?

We have no evidence against anybody. Abstain

OOC: First round voting never accomplishes anything.. So Meh.

lurker's comment: I guess everyone loves Love :lol:

I have no idea what the bloody mess is going on. Abstain

(OOC: Hard to roleplay without a public role. :) )

Indeed I am here Diamondeye. I don't know what all you abstainers are doing, since as faar as I know, there's no "no lynch" option. Abstain basically means you're just posting to not be inactive.

Now, I've got no more evidence than the rest of you, but we may as well lynch vote: Pinman since I'm 90% sure he's left the forum. It's basically not lynching anybody, just without the risk of a lone voter screwing it up at the end.

OOC: STOP WITH THE VOTE: TAG!!!!!!ROAROAROAROAR

Fine. Pinman should speak up.

[Pinman just needs a quick once-over with the smelling salts; the shooting was a bit much for him. (OOC: Given he is entirely absent, he'll certainly be subbed out, so lynching based on inactivity is pointless.) If we're going to accuse people based on lack of interest in the proceedings, how about askthepizzaguy? Wasn't he always going on about having something better to do?

(OOC: I'm only half joking here -- ATPG is extremely busy with the game he's running, probably will not be up to his usual pro-innocent standards if he is innocent, and is far too dangerous to let slip by at a low activity level if he is a "wolf".)

Top Bottom