1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Moar Units - All 3D Unit Assets 2017-10-09

All the 3D unit art elements used in the Moar Units mod.

1. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Deliverator submitted a new resource:

Moar Units - All 3D Unit Assets - All the 3D unit art elements used in the Moar Units mod.

Read more about this resource...

kingchris20 and Gedemon like this.
  2. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Hey Deliverator,

I have used the trebuchet and got it into the game thanks to your files.

I do have one question though, there is an animation that fires when the projectile hits an enemy. It looks like a little animated cloud, and one appears for each enemy it hits. This cloud stays visible and animated for like 1 minute and 38 seconds before it disappears (98 seconds).

Is there something I can change to make that disappear quicker, like change the timing for that to disappear to maybe 1 or 2 seconds? or does it have to do with maybe an error in the way I added the code to my mod?

3. Deliverator

Yeah, this issue I know about. If you locate m_Timelines within Trebuchet.ast you can see where the two VFX for the attack animations are attached. There are two Transfer effects, FX_Catapult_Boulder_Trail_01 and FX_Trebuchet_Fire_Trail. Transfer means that the effect moves from a point in the source model to the target unit and is commonly used for projectiles. It is unusual to have two simultaneous transfers but it was need here to make the flaming boulder effect. I think what is happening is that the FX_Trebuchet_Fire_Trail transfer is not shutting off correctly so it lingers for a while - it might be possible to fix this by adjusting the timings but I'm not sure.

Also I've never played with the m_nTrackIndex value - perhaps the second Transfer effect needs a different m_nTrackIndex value.

4. kingchris20

Any changes I made to the timings had no effect in game. I was just editing the Trebuchet.ast file directly within ModBuddy...

5. Deliverator

I take it you rebuilt your mod after editing the file? In any case, I'm not sure that editing the timings will resolve it. It may be that the m_nTrackIndex can be used to resolve it, or it may be a setting in the .artdef even. Even then I'm not 100% sure it can be resolved because non of the vanilla units layer up two VFX transfers like this. Eventually I might have a look at polishing this up, but it won't be for a while as I'm focused on other things at the moment.

6. kingchris20

Yes I rebuilt it :). But yeah, it’s not game-breaking at all, so it’s not a big issue. I tried changing the timing and the m_nTrackIndex to a few different values, but I never could see a change in the FX in game. So it may not be as simple as just changing the value within ModBuddy, I didn’t open asset editor or anything....but no worries, this unit looks and operates great! And it’s a nice stepping stone from catapult to bombard.