Mobilization or Revolution

ALA Gator

Warlord
Last night I switched from Republic to Monarchy and in the same turn I switched to mobilization. All of my cities automatically switched to building units (even a wonder) Is that the new way that mobization works in Conquests or was it because of the revolution?

With Mobilization, you can only build military oriented buildings and units. I think you can still build workers and settlers, but otherwise, it's all guns, no butter. If you have any wonder builds, you are going to lose all the shields. You might be able to build Palace and wealth, but I'm not totally sure of even that.

i never use mobilisation, even at time of war, you never know what wonder you could make which would be handy against the enemy. anyway usually at time of war once a building is complete it usually asks if you want to build a unit anyway

I just discovered that you can build UN and Manhattan while in Mobilization

I rarely use mobilization either. In this case I had too. They attacked me when I had no money and had small offensive army... Things are going well now.

Before conquests, you could keep the last thing you already started, but in conquests all non military builds are switched to military. If you're two turns from a wonder and mobilize, then you just learned a lesson not to mobilize without checking it out first.

Also in mobilization, my culture per turn is way down... Anyone know the specifics on that?

It cuts your culture in half. Not good if your going for a cultural victory. not much otherwise.

ALRIGHT. Is there anything else that mobilization does that we haven't mentioned Here!!! :) I'm not real fond of surprises... I need to maintain my culture lead on a third Civ (Maya) beacause I have a couple of cities that are closer to their capital than mine.

ALRIGHT. Is there anything else that mobilization does that we haven't mentioned Here!!! :) I'm not real fond of surprises... I need to maintain my culture lead on a third Civ (Maya) beacause I have a couple of cities that are closer to their capital than mine.

A city can only flip if it has any tiles in its radius that are not under your control. If you want to be sure they don't flip, just remove, with force, the Maya cities that are to close to your cities. Problem solved, no need for a culture lead. :p

A city can only flip if it has any tiles in its radius that are not under your control. If you want to be sure they don't flip, just remove, with force, the Maya cities that are to close to your cities. Problem solved, no need for a culture lead. :p

All in due time...The Maya will be very easy once I have beaten down the Iroqious. They had the largest empire in land and people before I got after them...

That's not precisely true, for two reasons, one of which is nitpicky.

1) A city with foreigners can flip as well.
2) the nitpicky piece is that a city can flip if any tiles in the fat cross are under SOMEONE ELSE'S control. If they are neutral, no problems.

Thanks for pointing that out, AutomatedTeller. AutomatedTeller is right, there's a chance of flipping only of squares are under someone else's control.

Top Bottom