Mod Bugs

first link didn't work. Not sure I can help, but probably need more information (it's always good to give specs when you ask such questions).

What version are you running? BTS 3.19?
What's your system?
What mod are you trying run? scenario?

I haven't seen this issue before, but it could be related to a bad install. Has the game worked for you at all (not sure how long you've been playing). You could try a clean re-install.

first link didn't work. Not sure I can help, but probably need more information (it's always good to give specs when you ask such questions).

What version are you running? BTS 3.19?
What's your system?
What mod are you trying run? scenario?

I haven't seen this issue before, but it could be related to a bad install. Has the game worked for you at all (not sure how long you've been playing). You could try a clean re-install.

Thanks for your response. The correct link is as follows:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10045225#post10045225

As you can see, I`m far from the only person with this problem. I believe I have BTS 3.19. I purchased a complete bundle online, including Civ IV, Warlords, BTS, Colonization and it came with a lod of mods and scenarios already installed. I`m trying to run in Windows 7. I`ve tried numerous mods and scenarios, including Crossroads, Charlemagne (works intermittently), Afterworld, the gods one...and at least a dozen others. Same issue every time.

The games all work flawlessly as long as I don`t run any mods or scenarios. I`ve had mixed results with the Charlemagne scenario...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn`t. Thanks for your help!

I don't use Windows 7 yet so I'm not sure what kind of problems were encountered running CIV on that OS. On Vista, there were issues related to not running BTS as administrator. Have you tried this on Windows 7. Also, try a clean reinstall.

If this is the Steam version there might be some specific issues with that too. There should be some threads over on the technical forum related to Steam versions and/or running the game on Windows 7.

I can't do a reinstall because I purchased from online and I have to pay again to reinstall. What is the steam version?

I can't do a reinstall because I purchased from online and I have to pay again to reinstall. What is the steam version?

^^^ummmm...the method by which you got this game sounds very fishy and probably illegal. If it was a legal download service you would be able to download the game as much as you want. And assuming that this is in fact an illegal download, that could be the very source of your problem, as there are inherent problems with cracked version of pc games.

Purchase the game legally and that should solve your issue. CIV4 can be found very cheap - like 6 bucks - on sites like Steam, Gamersgate or D2D. I know for a fact it's on sale for that price at gamersgate.com

Steam is a very popular legal direct download gaming service.

By the way, this site does not tolerate piracy. If that is something you do, I recommend not posting or revealing such on public sites like this that support the game.

^^^

By the way, this site does not tolerate piracy. If that is something you do, I recommend not posting or revealing such on public sites like this that support the game.

Oh get off it. I said I PURCHASED it, and I that I did--for $39 from gamedemo.trymedia.com. If you want to download multiple times, you have to pay extra for that privilege. But I don't think this is due to a bad install, it seems to be a problem with Windows 7 users.

But thanks for the advice on cheaper games sites...will try that in future.

Anyway, my problem is still unresolved after a couple months of posting here. Does Firaxis have a support site?

Well, sorry. I actually recall trymedia. I purchased probably one of my first direct download games from them years ago when digital download was fairly new. I didn't know that site still existed and can't remember the game. I do remember that bogus insurance you had to buy to download the game again. Needless to say, I never bothered using them again.

D2D, Steam and Gamersgate store your games for you. I'm sorry you paid $39 buck for Civ Complete - unless it was on sale earlier on something. It may be worth repurchasing just to have a stored copy at only 6 bucks.

Anyway, did you try posting over on the tech forum. I'm sure someone there might be able to help you are experienced the same issue. In fact, you may find a related thread with a solution. I've never used Firaxis support. The community can help with most issues.

Anyway, thanks. I repurchased from the website you recommended for $6, and now all the mods work fine. Must have been a bad install. I asked for a refund and they gave it to me, so I'm all good.

Cheers.

I'm really glad that worked out for you and sorry about the misunderstanding

Top Bottom