[MOD] Cannot update PrereqTech for BUILD_TRADING_POST in Builds table

Arkatakor

King
In a mod that I am working on (which has no dependencies on other mods), I have been able to change the PrereqTech for BUILD_LUMBERMILL, BUILD_FISHING_BOATS and BUILD_CAMP via SQL updates in the Builds table with the following commands:

UPDATE Builds SET PrereqTech = 'TECH_WOOD_WORKING' WHERE Type = 'BUILD_LUMBERMILL';
UPDATE Builds SET PrereqTech = 'TECH_FISHING' WHERE Type = 'BUILD_FISHING_BOATS';
UPDATE Builds SET PrereqTech = 'TECH_HUNTING' WHERE Type = 'BUILD_CAMP';

However the same update does not work for BUILD_TRADING_POST - the following command does not have any effect on reallocating the trading post improvement to a new tech:

UPDATE Builds SET PrereqTech = 'TECH_POTTERY' WHERE Type = 'BUILD_TRADING_POST';

I have been unable to figure out why for the last week. Would really appreciate help on this as its the last big issue preventing me from releasing a major update. I can upload the mod if needed.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any insight on this? Has anyone sucessfully been able to relocate BUILD_TRADING_POST to any other tech?

i've been having similar issues trying to get similar commands to work, while other almost identical ones apply just fine. Curious if you did anything different at all to get it to work? I'm still stuck with mine.
The issue was caused by something completely ridiculous; Among the myriad of mods that I was using, the mod "Trading Posts turn into Towns" was one of them. I had completely forgotten about that mod - either way, with that mod activated it was all but impossible to update the prereq tech in either my mod or modmod, presumably because the "Trading Posts turn into Towns" mod would undo my update after I had assigned it - lesson of the day, deactivate every other mod when testing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom