[MOD] Civ3 Evolution - Atlantean Chronicles

LOL!

Yes! :)
all of them are actually. I'll look a bit more into this matter this weekend, thank God its weekend! ;)

Didnt have much time to play test this weekend, but I did a few modifications:

Replaced the Iron in central Italy with Copper, because early in the game the Tyrrhenians didnt have access to Copper, and that made them not able to build their bronze-age Spearmen and Warrior which are light armored. Then I replaced the Copper to the north with Iron, hoping that by the Iron age they'll have built a city there.

I had set up the governments in a way as to allow the earlier ones a higher rate cap, and the later ones lower, but concluded this is not a good idea, because both the player and AI are likely to maximize tech rate and income will be low or non existant, which means there will be no gold for the Peasant > Settler upgrade. So for now im giving every gov a 70% rate cap, maybe I'll give one gov or another a bonus or penalty in this.
May also tweak the number of free units, I minimized the number of bonus free units per city and instead gave a higher number of base free units, but may make some changes to this, increase the number of base free units even further, but add penalties for number of cities instead of bonus, to penalize big empires with bigger economies. Comments?

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know there will be a new delay thanks to Plotinus :)
I mean I have to add a bunch of his new settlers and workers ;) especially to the south european civs who were sharing a single model for each type, so now each will get a unique settler/worker which will provide a unique mercenary unit as well if a civ gets a hold on another civ's Noble House.

I've decided to upload what I have right now, I'll add the new Settlers and hopefully the graphical centerpiece I talked about in a future patch.

So here's the download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GORRSHY

If it says file is temporarily unavailable, try again later, I suppose it will become available.
Its a patch, you need the original file I posted a few months ago of course. I recommend you unrar the thing to your desktop, and then move the contents inside the Beta v2 folder to your Conquests/scenarios folder, overwriting the files that already exist.

I was careful to copy any new or changed files to another location so I could later make the patch, but if you get any errors maybe I forgot something, let me know.

So with this patch you get to play with all the European civilizations, Atlantis has a big presence in the Mediterranean and is in a locked war with the Achaeans. Atlantis is well developed, next come the Achaeans who just got into the bronze age, the other south European civs are not very far behind, and then there are the north European barbarians who have a cheaper Settler bonus.

My plans for the next patch, not counting any small one I have to make to fix any problems with this one, is to include what I said above, and add a few more civs, the African ones, at least Libya, Egypt and maybe Nubia.

I'll come back here tomorrow to answer any questions ;)

Seems somebody's missing, see thumbnail below for details.

Attachments

• Missing Leader.jpg
    Missing Leader.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 130
Ok I think I know what the problem is :)
thanks, I'll see if I can release a new patch for that tomorrow, that leaderhead's files are missing because in the first beta I must have only included the stuff for the American civs, and forgot to add the european custom leaderheads in beta 2. That will make the new patch a bit larger :(

Hehe, yea I guess thats right ;)

Ok I think I got all the necessary files, if not let me know. I made a small change, not final but thinking about it, all leaderheads are now 2-era instead of 4, some may use ancient and medieval, others ancient or medieval and industrial. Reasons:

- My goal is to make an epic scenario that goes to post modern, but that doesnt mean we need leaderheads with suits and glasses in the modern age;

- Some leaderheads in certain ages are just plain ugly, and others start loosing their uniqueness as they progress in ages;

- If this mod goes dual-era, I can get my hands on lots of leaderheads from artists like Rob, that I never used because they werent 4-era

So let me know if there's still stuff missing after unraring this file inside your Scenarios folder, the files should go to the correct places.
I uploaded to my server this time so you dont have to wait, here it is:

Beta v2.1

Next im going to take a look at some new leaderheads, since I have some that need replacements. Then I need to add a few new Settlers and Peasants. And then I start work on the African civs and relase Beta v3.

Great news Sandris is back, and it seems he has some very cool Mesopotamian units under production, more stuff to use ;)

According to the included thumbnail (see below) the Hesperian Spearman.INI file is not to be found, yet the file in question can be found in the folder in question. Is the biq trying to tell us something?

Attachments

• Hesperian Spearman.jpg
    Hesperian Spearman.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 124
This Mod look pretty impressive! When is anticipated end of your work?

I like units you have used for European Civ's, especially Achea, Hellas and Tyrrhenia. Did you make it or I can find them on this website? I'd like to use them in my scenario too.

mythusmage: Dang! I didnt catch that one when I was playtesting, I'll take a look at it when I get home, you say the file appears to be there? Check if both folder and INI file have exact same filename.

stico: Thanks! :) I have no idea when it will be finished, I havent even finished the ancient age and I want it to go all the way to post modern. Im glad I havent given up yet, after both Civilization 4 and 5 were released ;)

No, 99.8% of the artwork were done by other artists here ;) Most if not all the units you talk about were done by Sandris, you can find lots more in the download database or here in the Unit Creation forum, do a search by threads started by Sandris.

Thanks for quick reply, I'll check Sandris units.

Don't give up with your mod. Release of Civ 4 nad 5 means nothing.

Personally I don't like those versions. Too much graphic and game is not playable for me.

I'll be always playing Civ3 Conquest :) Seriously !

Ok I found the bug, the unit folder Hesperian Spearman has a double space between the two words, do you think you can fix it by yourselves? ;)

Just go to your Conquests/Scenarios/Madeira's Civilization - Evolution/Art/Units
find the folder "Hesperian Spearman" and rename it to "Hesperian Spearman", actually that unit is now the Tyrrhenian Spearman, and the reason I didnt catch that bug is that when I did my playtesting games, the Tyrrhenians didnt have a near Copper resource, so they never got to build it. Placing a Copper near their capital and moving the Iron further north was one of the tweaks I did recently.

Did and done. Now I can try out the Scythians again.

I'm trying out Quintillus' cross platform editor and I had a look at your second Atlantean scenario with it, I kinda wondered what happened to the Hesperian Spearman. I also spotted. . . . . .what I'd spotted aint there no more. Must be because I corrected the typo in the Hesperian Spearman folder. Must say, you did include a lot of units.

There's a bunch of medieval units and even industrial and modern I think, that are leftovers of my previous custom game, I didnt bother removing them :)

If anyone has difficulty with fixing the folder name, I created a batch file to do it, but didnt get to attach it here and now its in another computer :p

Ok, as most of you probably already noticed, Shiro has posted the Atlantean Queen LH, with help from Ares with the PCX. I've had the files for a few days, but wanted to get a few changes and additions done before I posted a patch with it.

So here it is, besides the addition of Queen Cleito, I've added a bunch of Plotinus' Settlers and changed a few things with the mercenary system, did a few tweaks here and there, and fixed a few bugs I found. Also added Georgestow's cool new interface graphics.

Please dont forget this is a beta, the pedia texts are not updated, and some information there is obsolete. If you want to compare unit stats and stuff, or see what some city improvement or wonder does, you have that information on my Mod's website.

The patch is below, if you dont have the last one, you need it too, and if you havent fixed the Hesperian Spearman problem reported a few posts above, I included a batch file that should fix it automatically.

Next I'll start working on the African civs, but to get them playable I'll need to work on the Middle-eastern city improvements, so those civs wont be too far behind after the african are done, that will be Beta 3.

Beta v2.2

Ouch! And the problem will not be with that unit only, but all the other new workers and settlers I added :(

I used a new folder path for those unit pedia icons, but forgot to change it in the pediaicons.txt, the correct path in that case is:

"art\units\scythian worker\pedia\large.pcx"
and the same for small.pcx
and similar for the other units.

I dont know if I'll have time to post a hotfix today, those of you with experience with that file should be able to fix it :)

By the way mythusmage, I noticed you like the Scythians, I catched a bug as I was working on the last beta patch that made the Scythian Peasant useless because it didnt upgrade to the Settler, thats fixed now in v2.2.
Also Settler upgrades are cheaper until a civ researches Construction, so early in the game expantion will be easier, especially because rate cap is now 70% for all govs, so you or the AI wont be able to maximize research at the expense of a little positive gold income, meaning civs will eventually get enough gold. As I was play testing with the Celts I saw the Tyrrhenians build a colony in northern Italy, so that was cool :)

Need your opinion, im considering making Workers and some rare special units the only units able to cross Mountains, right now every foot unit with less than 5 hit points can do it, so civs like the Tyrrhenians can get flooded with Celtic hidden nationality warriors from the Alps. Although its not that bad, the only foot units with less than 5 hit points are auxiliary units like Archers and Javelinmen, and early Warriors, being able to cross mountains is one of the things that gives them strategic value, being able to flank an enemy's strong points in mountain passes.

What ideia, make mountains impassable to every units except workers and special units like inca Inti Warrior and later alpine troops? Or leave as it is? :)

Top Bottom