1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Colonists of the New World

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by veBear, Dec 20, 2008.

1. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Thx for the feedback :goodjob: Here's where to put the mod:
    Put it in "My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization > Mods

2. PiMan

PiMan Emperor

You create one yourself.
    In the game folder in Program Files (or wherever else the game is installed), create the Mod folder.
    The default path is 'C:/Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization/Mods'

EDIT: Or you can put it where the mod creator says to put it. Both should work fine for this mod (but not all mods).

3. veBear

over 1000 downloads on ver. 1.3 now.
    Soon going to update the mod to versian 1.3.1 (this will not include any more civs, as charle ain't finished with the LH's and i ain't finished with all the XML i should do).

4. veBear

Uploading a ver 4.0 beta now.
    It will include two unused, sneek a peek kings, a new LH for Hans Egede, some new (unique) units, a new Native (mayans), the Abondon Colony and 2 Plots City Radius Modcomp by NeverMind + More

Just as version 3 this mod works for the new Patch as well. BUT, there is an audio-bug i can't solve. I can't get the music to play after i added the Danish Colony Leaders Sound. I've checked the XML a couple of times, but there are no mistakes there as i can see. If you solve this bug, please PM me so i can solve it.

5. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Download the mod, and load it
    But i got a multiple error when i load it.After i hit all the ok button that appear, the game loaded.I choose country, but i can't choose game speed and difficulty:confused:.Then i played the game

Dang!!!It crashed:lol:

Note:In the civ db it said that the size is about 190mb.But in atomic it said the size about 80mb.Is it the problem??:sad:

6. veBear

Strange...
    Can you copy what the error messages sais? If you do so it would be much more easy for me to see what the problem is and then solve it... Just PM them to me.

If the ver 4.0 beta didn't work, then you can try downladt ver 3.0, which is still out there :)

7. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

XML Load error

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4EuropeInfo.xml

LoadXML call failed for GameInfo/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml

And then,

XML error

Tag: HANDICAP_EXPLORER in info class was incorrect.Current XML file is: xml/GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml

Tag: GAMESPEED_NORMAL in info class was incorrect.Current XML file is: xml/GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml

That's all.I used dale's non installer patch

8. veBear

That's strange, as i didn't use those xml files when creating the mod. Try to copy the files you got mentioned into the respective folder in the CNW mod folder and see if it works. Also, if you installed the ver 4.0 beta, try to remove it and download ver 3.0 istead, as it work's better. If it dont work then, PM Dale and see if he got any other solutions (I dont have anymore solutions myself).

9. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Ok
    I'll wait for your next version;)

10. forlorn.hopes

forlorn.hopes Chieftain

lol: hey: mod sounds great: but i cant get it to work: ive saved the download in that MODS folder: except when i get ingame i cant find the portuguese!!!

please help!!:D

11. veBear

Well... currently the whole game has stopped working for me... and that's why i haven't been able to update it to the patch yet... But i'l try to reinstall and fix the problem soon

12. forlorn.hopes

forlorn.hopes Chieftain

ahh: but how do u install it properly so u do get the portuguese: i can load the mod, but i cant find them !!

13. veBear

Well... i happens to be that i cant find the CD and i need it to test the updated version... So i just wondered, if i did the modifications, would you like to test them in game?

14. forlorn.hopes

forlorn.hopes Chieftain

lol sorry prob cant, internets capped like crazy... so i cant download nothing really...

15. veBear

I understand, but i could send it to you by email, but only if you want

16. mago barca

mago barca Chieftain

it might have somethinhg to do with the patch because i was playing the mare nostrum game i had the same errors untill i loaded the game with the patch hope it helps

what version did you make it on

anyway things in the patch that could of caused it full list
    CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml
    CIV4EuropeInfo.xml
    GameInfo/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml

17. veBear

Project laid down.

18. Supreme Shogun

Supreme Shogun Warlord

Status update?

19. veBear