1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Creation Help

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Ilikepie, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Ilikepie

Ilikepie Chieftain

Hi, I'm completely new to the world of modding, and i'm just after a simple change for a scenario i want to make.

Basically, slightly similar to decreasing the game speed, i want all units and buildings to build at the normal rate, but i want to slow down the science rate, so longer is spent in each era. I am wanting the science rate tripled, so say in the standard game speed, technology X was to take 10 turns, i want it to take 30, And i want this doing for every technology.

I have no clues on modding, so could anyone help me out with this?
    Also, how would i load this onto a map i have created?

Thanks veyr much to anyone that helps!

2. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

Code:
    <GameData>
    <Update>
    <GameSpeeds>
    <Where Type="GAMESPEED_MARATHON"/>
    <Set ResearchPercent="900"/>
    </GameSpeeds>
    </Update>
    <Update>
    <GameSpeeds>
    <Where Type="GAMESPEED_EPIC"/>
    <Set ResearchPercent="450"/>
    </GameSpeeds>
    </Update>
    </GameData>

and so on for the other gamespeeds.... sorry I didn't tab it out and make it look pretty

I would read Kael's modding guide found in the tutorials and reference ;)