[R&F] Mod doesn't work at all. What am I missing?

Malurth

Chieftain
I have an absurdly simple mod, but it does nothing at all.

The mod consists of a single file, GameData1.xml, with the code:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GameData>
    <GlobalParameters>
        <Replace Name="CITY_AMENITIES_FOR_FREE">
            <Value>2</Value>
        </Replace>

<Replace Name="CITY_HOUSING_LEFT_50PCT_GROWTH">
            <Value>-1</Value>
        </Replace>

<Replace Name="CITY_HOUSING_LEFT_25PCT_GROWTH">
            <Value>-2</Value>
        </Replace>
    </GlobalParameters>
</GameData>

and I went into the mod properties, and under "In-Game Actions" I added an action with my GameData1.xml file; I've tried UpdateDatabase, ImportFiles, and AddGameplayScript and all of them do nothing. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be UpdateDatabase, though; from looking at the presets, it seems that just using UpdateDatabase and adding my XML file should work, but it doesn't.

I've seen in Civ V modding tutorials (I can't find any for Civ VI :/) you had to have the criteria "OnGameActivated" or something like that, so I've also tried to add a criteria, drilling down into "AlwaysMet" criteria and trying to add that, but then it just crashes (if I didn't name it) or is just a named criteria that is otherwise blank and still doesn't do anything.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm starting to think it's some sort of conflict, because I've tried using a mod from the workshop that modifies the same thing (with my attempts disabled) and that doesn't work either, and I've tried editing one of the presets to just include my changes, in case I missed something, and that also doesn't work. But I've also tried disabling every other mod (save official DLC and the expac) and it yet still does nothing, so I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
If there are no errors in your database.log then something is wrong with your modinfo file.

Top Bottom