Mod download error

Pragmatic

Prince
"The server does not support the necessary HTTP protocol. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) requires that the server support the Range protocol header."

I'm trying to download Dale Kent's World At War mod. I managed to download his Maps of the World map-pack.

I'm not sure what to do.

I think the hub is being slammed a bit, so it may be like the Steam "no servers available, try again later" message. I know Firaxis already knows about this one.

I've been told that GameSpy has been informed and are working on a fix. :)

They're hoping before general release tomorrow I've been told.

Well, I checked tonight. The error still isn't fixed. However, your scenario pack is gone. :)

That doesn't quite solve the problem for me, but you can't fault them for not trying. :p

you can still download mods here at CFC, you don't have to download with their locked up mod browser. Thats what I did after trying maybe 100 times to download the real start location earth map from Dale.

I see that over 5500 people have downloaded Kael's Celts/Single-Unit Graphics mod. Wonder how they were able to do that while others are not able to?

Just so we're clear, the modding programs won't be downloaded from the same place as these mods, will they?

Because I'm STILL unable to download anything. :-(

Why is it that I am able to download some of them, but I still get the error when trying to download others? At first, I couldn't download any... now, I was able to download several, including Dale's TSL maps, but I still can't download Kael's Celt Civ. I still get the BITS error on that one (among others... including Dale's map pack... the regional ones).

I finally managed to download the mods.

I'm trying Dale's Road to War mod. I selected 2035, Capture the Flag, and USA. And "Start" is grayed out--I can't start the game, dagnabbit.

So SOME progress! :)

(I also somehow have two copies of Dale's maps...)

Top Bottom