1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MOD Files Download Location?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by iamdanno, Feb 18, 2018.

1. iamdanno

iamdanno Warlord

Does anyone know where the actual files downloaded for each MOD are located? I am currently subscribed to 20 mods according to steam. The ingame Additional Content manager shows 42 subscriptions of user-created content. When I unsubscribe from MODs on the steam workshop, their status is not being updated in game.

My thought was to delete the actual files from my hard drive to see if that corrected the list, but when I go to "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods", it is empty. I couldn't find them in the steamapps folder either.

Any ideas where they might be hiding?

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Steam mods are located here: ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070

3. iamdanno

iamdanno Warlord

Thanks, I found them.

I didn't realize they moved them for Civ VI.

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

I deleted the workshop entirely, expecting it to simply repopulate when I started the game back up...this didn't happen at all. I tried restoring the deleted files, but that didn't work properly either. When I check, I am subscribed to all the mods I am using in my current game, but unfortunately it's just not downloading them (specifically the RED Modpack, no idea why?) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on the workshop several times, to no avail.