1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod for loading parts of mods

Discussion in 'CivBE - Requests and Ideas' started by Syrkres, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Syrkres

Syrkres Chieftain

There are a LOT of cool mods out there but sometimes I only want part of a mod.

What would be cool (and modders would have to code for this) is code or mod settings, which allow you to "cherry" pick items of a mod.

So if I have a mod of UNITS, someone who loaded the mod at startup could choose which elements he wanted, unless a unit was dependant on another, but lacking dependancy he could choose what he wanted.

Probably not going to happen, but would be cool.

2. Starrynite120

Starrynite120 Chieftain

That sounds like it would be really difficult. You could also just delete the files you don't want. I've definitely done that before. Works just fine.

3. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Not only difficult, I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Mods cannot detect what content has been added by which other mod and xml-tables cannot be edited "on the fly" by mods, but the content of those is often directly read by the core files of the game, making it impossible to prevent the game from giving you certain things based on any kind of ingame option menu.

4. Syrkres

Syrkres Chieftain

Too bad there wasn't a "disable" or "active" indicator for elements.