Mod For More AI Units

Engeez

Chieftain
Is there a way to make the AI produce a ridiculous amount of units? I play on Deity and they have insane amounts of gold & production yet not enough units past the ancient era. I've de-buffed walls, castles, star forts and urban defenses in my games files which help out the AI attacking me and other AI civs. They just need to produce more units to be a major threat. Any ideas?

I wish I knew. In my personal mod I'm working on I decrease the cost of Naval units by 50% and all other units by 25% and they still don't build crap.

the worst part is they don't build any builders so when I blow up their dams they stay blowed up forever

Hmm I wonder if you just gave each AI city a builder every 10 turns or so they would be smart enough to make the proper improvements.

In the rules I play with walls being so soft I have to be careful settling a coastal city until Cartography cause the AI will slam my city 3 times with a caraval and take it haha.

I just don’t get what the hell the AI is building with all that production? And maybe toss each AI a few free units each era for good measure.

well I'm just glad to know I'm not alone on this. I thought maybe my mod had introduced a bug that stopped them from building units. I'm going to try your wall idea and see what other things I could do. I'm going to see about giving them a free unit every couple of turns too.

It was really depressing once spying on Canada and seeing that while I had Red Coats everywhere they had 3 Warrior monks and one bombard and a few Pike shot units

I have yet to see an AI warrior monk attack a unit. I figure a decent challenge would be taking out a 10k AI army with a 1K human army. Like scythia in R&F I once saw AI with 1400 strength like 100 turns in. I was at 235 so I decided to declare war and they just swarmed me like hornets.

Is there a way to make the AI produce a ridiculous amount of units? I play on Deity and they have insane amounts of gold & production yet not enough units past the ancient era. I've de-buffed walls, castles, star forts and urban defenses in my games files which help out the AI attacking me and other AI civs. They just need to produce more units to be a major threat. Any ideas?
Increase the military pseudoyield in the yields file

Can you name the file specifically?
Steam-steamapps- common- civ VI - base - assets- gameplay - data - yields.xml

Increase the values for unit combat and standing army number.

I recommend changing the values and watching some auto play to see the balance. You don’t want to go to high or the AI will neglect building important things like settlers and districts.

Steam-steamapps- common- civ VI - base - assets- gameplay - data - yields.xml

Increase the values for unit combat and standing army number.

I recommend changing the values and watching some auto play to see the balance. You don’t want to go to high or the AI will neglect building important things like settlers and districts.

Oh wow thanks for that. Ya I’m playing around with those settings and damn the AI is literally filling each continent with units AND taking cities (although I have softened walls by about 75%. Obviously needs more testing with settings/districts % but it’s looking really positive so far.

Is there an AI aggression yield I can play with as well somewhere?

Could anyone recommend some preliminary changes to the values? Double them?

I’ve just done some quick auto play tests and OMG I swear Monty built about 120 units. Like there is no way you can even think of invading him. Problem I’m seeing is the AI just isn’t aggressive enough. Sure they take cities here and there but I want to see them wiping civs off the map lol

I’ve just done some quick auto play tests and OMG I swear Monty built about 120 units. Like there is no way you can even think of invading him. Problem I’m seeing is the AI just isn’t aggressive enough. Sure they take cities here and there but I want to see them wiping civs off the map lol
How mutch value did you put in the PSEUDOYIELD_STANDING_ARMY_NUMBER.? Im thinking of trying from 1 to 2.
And where did you change the walls value?

Oh wow thanks for that. Ya I’m playing around with those settings and damn the AI is literally filling each continent with units AND taking cities (although I have softened walls by about 75%. Obviously needs more testing with settings/districts % but it’s looking really positive so far.

Is there an AI aggression yield I can play with as well somewhere?
Their aggression is mostly based on military strength differences. Some civs have favored/non favored CBs. The numbers at the bottom of that same yields file talking about city strength are used to determine if/which cities they should attack and be able to capture.

How mutch value did you put in the PSEUDOYIELD_STANDING_ARMY_NUMBER.? Im thinking of trying from 1 to 2.
And where did you change the walls value?

I changed all the unit,naval &air combats to almost double and standing army I changed (I think from 1 to 1.9 & value from 0.1 to 0.4)

Walls are in buildings XML search “defense” in that file there will be walls, castle, star fort.

Urban defenders are in Technology XML.

I basically change these wall values from 100 to 25. Although I have tried values of 1 in there and it’s pretty crazy, you better have a solid garrison.

It’s funny when the AI wants to take a city it can but most of the time it goes to war for god knows what reason.

Top Bottom