Mod for more units per tile.

How many Units Per Tile?

• Total voters

CZLumen

Chieftain
We don't want stacks of doom. I get it. But seriously is anyone planing on modding, or how can I mod, Civ 6 to have unit stacking. Even limit it to 6 or something. The only reason I played 4 over 5 was because of the 1UPT deal. Stacks allow the computer to better manage units, managing armies is cleaner, and bombarding stacks is pretty devastating.

I voted 2-6 but I want 12, as in Call to Power 2.
Call to Power allows to have a stack of units where combine arms ment something. You wanted 2 cavalry on the flanks, a front row of infantry, a second row of artillery and maybe some support units to boot.
It was convenient to move around, had the 1upt limitation that avoided huge numbers of units but also avoided the carpet of doom effect.

Making the number grow based on tech would also work.

It'd want to see a whole new supply stat adding to tiles/improvements and weaving into the tech tree, then have stack attrition damage based upon it.

Tbh though civ 6 has no capacity for unit multi-select; you can't retrofit an acceptable 1upt implementation.

The change is simple to do in the global parameters XML file (under ...base/assets/gameplay/data), but there's still a problem with unit swapping. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Corps are effectively a stack of 3. Allowing different types to stack changes the entire concept of tactical combat they have now. I would be OK with "true" stacking if, as TehJumpingJawa suggests, there is attrition. In reality diseases would kill more troops than actual combat starting from pretty low numbers already. But the AI would not be able to handle this properly

My main gripe with 1UPT is the poor UI support. When selecting a unit I want to see where I ordered it to go and when choosing a destination I want to see which tiles already have go-to orders.

Top Bottom