Mod idea: Biome-shifted alien appearance

Umbral Reaver

Secret Wizard
I think it would be pretty easy for a modder to grab the alien textures and hue-shift them or something to suit each of the biomes. That would be nice.

A more extensive work might be to further diversify their looks, such as making the lush biome aliens look feathered, or the fungal biome aliens look slimy and veiny or something.

I don't mind it but as long as the biomes themselves are huge and not small... I find it awkward if a desert alien camo walks around in a tundra areas...

I don't mind it but as long as the biomes themselves are huge and not small... I find it awkward if a desert alien camo walks around in a tundra areas...

I believe he means the tileset biomes we have which include: fungal, lush, and arid. Which can all have desert, snow, tundra, grassland, etc. within them.

I need to play the game on my own PC first to see how it looks and how distinguishable everything is from everything else. I don't need Aliens that blend into the background so well they are hard to notice...already I have a hard time making out some details on the video previews but I take those with a grain of salt because they may well have video compression or other factors affecting their appearance and details.

Top Bottom