1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Ideas:Civilization 5: Colonies Lost To Time

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Howard Tafty, May 24, 2015.

1. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Civilization 5: Colonies Lost to Time
    Current Civs in Progress:

Spoiler :

Steam: TBD

Direct Download: TBD

Spoiler :

Steam: TBD

Direct Download: TBD

Drafting Stages:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Post Colonial Civilizations (Tentative):

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
    Maps!

other civs may be pending*
    Credits: Docktor Applejuice for the fantastic Icons

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Well, you should post this in the main C&C forums.
    Idea seems... Like it could use a rework.
    The UB is overpowered(as you could gain a free trade route per each coastal city).
    But I do like the UU. I like things with free promotions. :D :good job:

3. Howard Tafty

Thanks alot, its good to know I got something right considering I have only played for 3 months :), anyway I plan on having a lot of future ideas such as Italian Somaliland and New France, although I do have on question what is C&C?

4. Natan35

Creation and customization, I believe. New France sounds nice.

5. Howard Tafty

Well re-update I have established my new future Ideas currently:
    Italian Somaliland led by Prince Luigi Amadeo
    New France led by Jacques Cartier

They are all subject or change currently (due to the fact that I need research on New France)

6. Howard Tafty

New France
    Leader: Samuel de Champlain
    UA: The Hundred Associates:Receive an additional +3 happiness when receiving preferred luxuries and lose -2 culture
    UB: Habitation:Built when discovering construction, receive an additional 20% city defense and +1food and production, however it may only be built once an only in the capital
    UB: Valley Posts: May only be built adjacent to rivers, receive +2 gold per turn, if there is another luxury resource within the vicinity of the city, receive an additional +1 happiness and +1 gold per resource. Next up Italian Somaliland

7. Howard Tafty

Well Italian Somaliland is finished
    Spoiler :
    Leader: Prince Luigi Amedeo
    UA:Villabruzi:Receive an additional +3 food per turn during golden ages
    UB:Banca D'Italia: Receive gold based on your wonder production (5 per wonder)
    UU:Somali Colonial Troops: 15% defense when stationed in in Forests or Farmlands, can rebuild razed tiles only within the capital
    Remember all ideas still need revision.

8. Natan35

Remember, you can edit your post,
    I will try to post some ideas for those civs.

9. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

This was my own idea for an Italian Somaliland:-

---

AOI (Amadeo Savoy-Aosta)
    Start Bias: Desert
    Capital: :c5capital: Addis Abeba (note the E)
    UA: Bande Irregolari
    Occupied Cities stay in Resistance 50% longer, but gain a +25% :c5gold: Gold bonus while training Military Units after their Annexation. Land Units gain a +20% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while attacking for each point of :c5moves: Movement they are faster than the target unit.
    UU: Meharisti (replaces Landship)
    Requires Horses instead of Oil, and has a lower :c5strength: Combat Strength than the Landship it replaces. However, it starts with Charge and a unique promotion, "Penne De Falco", which grants a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus for each promotion the unit has earned. Upgrades as normal.
    UU: Gruppo Maletti (replaces Infantry)
    Weaker and more expensive than the Infantry it replaces (60 :c5strength: vs. 70), but much faster, with both a base movement of 3 and the unique promotion "Operation Compass", which grants it double movement on open terrain. Upgrades to Modern Armour.

---

This is slightly reworked from a design that showed up in Jifford's thread to make the UA not be made redundant by an Autocracy tenet. Hopefully it's at least a little bit interesting. =]

10. Howard Tafty

Thanks, wow your design Is very synergetic and unique how were you able to make design work in conjunction with everything, UA and UUs, in fact it almost kinda looks something tpangolin or jfd would do

11. Scapegrace

Basically by squinting at Google Books for Too Bloody Long (tm). For real, though, the history of sub-Saharan Africa is very dear to my heart, and it's a question of making something out of it that fits the setting. The Italians, for instance, are basically the villain civ, being Nazi colonists responsible for the massacre of thousands of civilians during their occupation of British Somaliland. It's unpleasant, but there you are. =]

12. Howard Tafty

Wow I will make sure to take all of your information and ideas to mind:)

13. Howard Tafty

Here is a summary so far
    Cabinda
    Spoiler :
    Leader:Antonio Bembe
    UA:provincial Rebellion:When at war with another major civilization all military units gain an additional 15% defense per city difference (45% max.)
    UB:Colonial Port:Only Cabinda may build it, gain an additional +2 gold per oversea trade routes
    UU:FLEC Paramilitary:Replaces Great War Infantry, slightly stronger than the unit it replaces, receives an additional 10% exp when fight enemy units adjacent to allied territory.

New France
    Spoiler :
    Leader:Samuel de Champlain
    UA:The Hundred Associates: Receive an additional +3 happiness when acquiring preferred luxury resources,may demand city-states tribute in form of luxury resources.
    UB:Habitation:May be built once you have discovered construction, provides an additional 20% city defense and +2 production, may only build 1 per city
    UB:Valley Post:May only be built to cities adjacent to hills or rivers, produces +2 gold per turn, if luxury resources are within the city limits, receive an additional +2 gold per resource.
    there is also Scapegraces' Italian Somaliland please recomend any changes, provide feedback or criticisms.

14. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Ain't Cabinda that Angolan Enclave surrounded by Congo?

Feels like an odd place to make a civ out of.

15. Howard Tafty

At one point was temporarily a republic and Portuguese colony look it up "The Republic Of Cabinda" even though it was considered an unrecognized state, but there were a series of small conflicts between the temporary Republic of Cabinda and Angola but the Portugese viewed as a separate colony I think... If not please correct me.

16. Howard Tafty

Update: I will soon be hosting a straw poll sometime today to decide my next few ideas, if you have any recommendations then please say them and I might include them in the poll

17. Natan35

Scapegrace, that's a bloddy idea.
    (By all means)

18. Howard Tafty

http://www.strawpoll.me/4453734
    Alright guys I have set up the straw poll. Civs will be created according to poll placement so please feel free to vote anyone of the preferable civs. NOTE: please advise if you already voted eg posting in this thread.

19. Howard Tafty

UPDATE: Well out of dissapointment since only one person has decided to vote my next project will be Cape Colony civ with all others in order of my preference.

20. Scapegrace

I knew I had a design for the Republic of Cabinda kicking around somewhere. Have it free of charge:-

---

Republic of Cabinda (Luis de Gonzaga)
    Start Bias: Forest
    Capital: :c5capital: Cabinda
    UA: Alvor Rejection
    Bonus, Strategic, and Luxury Resources grant a +5% bonus to :c5gold: Gold, :c5production: Military Unit Production, and :c5culture: Culture respectively to the Cities that work them. Every Ideological Tenet selected grants a percentage boost to :c5culture: Culture in all Cities equal to the Tenet's Level (+1, +2, and +3% respectively).
    UU: FLEC (replaces Marine)
    Generates :c5culture: Culture per kill and has the unique promotion "Pointe Noire", allowing it to generate both additional :c5culture: Culture per kill and transform captured Civilian Units into a random, non-obsolete unit for which you have the requisite technology. Upgrades to XCOM Squad.
    UB: Petrochemical Refinery (replaces Stock Exchange)
    +3 and +33% :c5gold: Gold, as well as +1 and +10% :c5production: Production. Additionally, rather than 2 slots for a :c5greatperson: Great Merchant, the Petrochemical Firm instead contains 2 slots for a :c5greatperson: Great Engineer.

---

This is, rather obviously, a Gold/Production/Culture Civ. The reason why the UB is a petrochemical firm is that during the early years of the secession war, oil companies in particular were very much in favour of Cabindan independence. This might be due to the fact that Cabinda has a hell of a lot of oil underneath it, but, y'know, oil companies are also widely renowned for their humanitarian outlook and demands for the right of all mankind to freedom and self-determination. =]