1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Mod ideas to revert Firaxis stupidity?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Grand Admiral Edward, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Grand Admiral Edward

Grand Admiral Edward Chieftain

Firaxis decided over the past couple of months to really hit a couple of playstyles with a nerf bat. First is a Diplomatic penalty for capturing capitols. I wouldn't mind if it took into account HOW you got it, or if it decayed like grievances do. But as it stands, if you gain a capitol through loyalty revolt, that's a -5 Diplomatic Favor penalty. Capture Sparta from Gorgo in the Ancient Era? Enjoy that same -5 Diplomatic favor penalty in the Future Era. That penalty needs to either be removed or reworked. Oh, and by the way, there's already a penalty called excessive grievances to deal with that. And the penalty is HARS. -5 Favor a turn might not sound like a lot, but to just overcome that, you need to be suzerain of TWO city states.
    The second thing that DESPERATELY needs removal is the Carbon Emissions penalty from using soothsayers. I was doing a game where I got the Great Bath as Ethiopia to flood some tiles, and had entered the comet strike part while the world was in the late medieval era/early industrial era.
    Just a couple of ideas for modders to revert Civ back to a more fun game.

PiR likes this.