mod maker very rookie help

edil

Warlord
hello, I would like to create a small mod, just a historical period. this is possible?
I these tools:
c3mtfull
Civ3MMToolkit_v1.0
pedia
Steph_CivIII_ExpandedEditor_v0-8-2

they are useful? I want to learn. can you help me with some tutorial?

I do not speak good Anglo-Saxon and the forum is too full to understand what is and what is not needed.

thank you

You can just use the default Firaxis editor if you want. Steph's editor just has a few more features that can help in certain areas of modding. The modding just takes place in the editor and the mod folder.

I would suggest to check out this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149597 if you can understand it. It contains some good information about what you should look for and some basics on how to do it in scenarios/mods.

I like the little soldiers isometrics. I would like to create a mod with the 1860-80 period, the map of Europe.
Can I use the basic game rules?
can I use the technological development of the base game?
(The units would be no development, I speak of a single vintage)

to be myself clear.

To begin with, can I do this simple change of name of civilization? remove and replace units of period 1860-80?

I like the little soldiers isometrics. I would like to create a mod with the 1860-80 period, the map of Europe.
Can I use the basic game rules?
can I use the technological development of the base game?
(The units would be no development, I speak of a single vintage)

to be myself clear.

To begin with, can I do this simple change of name of civilization? remove and replace units of period 1860-80?

When you first start the editor, and allow Editing of Rules. The default rules are still in place and will stay so, unless you edit the values of the settings. So yes you can use the basic game rules and the same tech tree if you choose to.

If you just want to rename an existing civilization then you shouldnt have to do any extra work regarding the graphics and animations as it will use default. When renaming an existing civilization, all the units that that civilization has will stay there and have the updated name since you didnt delete and add a new civ. Any new units you add, you do have to set what civs can build it. You can freely add/remove units and not allow units for certain civs.

When you first start the editor, and allow Editing of Rules. The default rules are still in place and will stay so, unless you edit the values of the settings. So yes you can use the basic game rules and the same tech tree if you choose to.

If you just want to rename an existing civilization then you shouldnt have to do any extra work regarding the graphics and animations as it will use default. When renaming an existing civilization, all the units that that civilization has will stay there and have the updated name since you didnt delete and add a new civ. Any new units you add, you do have to set what civs can build it. You can freely add/remove units and not allow units for certain civs.

you are very clear. I want to do little things to learn. I will try simple things. thank you

I forgot, I have Civ 3 Civ 3 ptw and comquest original in Italian, this can be a problem?

Post Scriptum: best map of the world, the Confederates are allies of the great greece: D, or rather the state of virginia

You need to have a conversation with Civinator. Sprechen sie deutsch? He administrates at the German Civ 3 website (where I also keep the Library linked below). There is an International section there that might help....

I wish I could speak German, I would end his philosophical studies. the period that I have put in is poorly treated in the games. interesting time with the German and Italian unification. rather often, the period is limited to the American Civil War and the Franco-Prussian War. I have seen that have been created many interesting units, I would like to take advantage of these units, creating Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria, Naples, Piedmont and ect

I wish I could speak German, I would end his philosophical studies.

Everybody says that about the Germans.:joke:

But seriously, if you have an english-language version of the Civ Game (I recommend Civilization 3 Complete, so that you have the whole package of versions, and included editors), you can modify (translate) the Script.txt and Labels.txt files yourself for any scenario, or just for your own private gameplay.

For example, changing the word "Civilopedia" in the labels.txt file to a more Italian-sounding Civiltàpedia. That could be done.

But if you do this, be extra-careful - Those files are very unforgiving if you mess them up.

Here is an example of what you can do using the Labels.txt files that I whipped up quickly using the Google Translator:

Notice that the labels under World Size (Dimensione) aren't in the labels file - they must be in the Scripts.txt file.

Capisci?

Here is a copy of that Labels file for you to play with: View attachment labels.txt. Be sure to keep a copy of the original!

I have a small program that changes the game from the Italian language in the Anglo-Saxon language. in Italy this change of language is widely used, because a lot of scenarios and mods have problems at work. what do you mean by civilization 3 complete? I have the original three boxes in Italian (Civ 3, PTW, conquest)

Today the original full game is in stores a few Euros

They released three versions of Civ 3 - Civ 3, PTW, and Civ3 Conquest.

Then, later, they released a box set called "Civ 3 Complete", which had all of those three included.

If you already have Civ3 Conquests, you can use that for most of your Civving. Vuldacon, for instance, does this.

So you can already play Civilization Conquests in Italian? Good.

No need anymore to worry about that.

What program do you use to change the game from Italian to English? Did it come with the game?

And congratulations on your 100th post!

PS. Did I get the label names on my example right? Just curious.

the program to change the language is:
name - civ3ita2eng
type - batch files windows 27 KB

the program can be found on the internet Readily

I have not tried yet labels.txt, because I have the games on an old xp :)

wow!!!! 100 posts in 10 years :crazyeye:

I forgot, I do not want to create new units with Vuldacon, they exist already, many units are of "imperator" and Sandris in civfantics download

Top Bottom