Votes: 12 80.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • don't care

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

ELRACj

Warlord
CIV 5 there software in the tool section on steam to allow people to create their own mods and maps for CIV V. Unfortunately for us mac users, we did not have this luxury. As of right now we have no idea if mac will have this capability and mostly likely we still won't get it. But I want to hold up hope. So if anyone gets any information about mod/map creation on mac, please let me know.

I'm not really interested in modding or map building but, that said, if someone does the hard work, I might well use them, so I'm in favour of it. Back in the day, when I used Windoze, I downloaded a few user-created maps and mods.

Same for me, I don't make mods or maps, but I'd like to try mods and custom maps. So I voted yes.

We're able to use most(?) of the mods. It's the one's that change a DLL that we're not able to use. I'm guessing we'll have the same access in 6 as we had in 5.

The intended purpose of this post was mod making. I know that we had access to mods in CIV V
Oops, sorry about that. Bad reading comprehension... I didn't realize we couldn't make normal mods. I voted yes then.

Hi everyone! I am currently looking into building a modbuddy for Max OS X. I am currently doing some research into it. I haven't used ModBuddy yet so i am not sure what type of functionality it provides besides what i read from the Kael's guide (not sure i spelled that right?). What exactly about ModBuddy makes it easier for publishing mods?

Thanks in advance. In the mean time I'll keep digging.

Mod making ... Gosh, this is an old moon and a long story of disappointment for the mac users ... I made units and mods for Civ IV few years ago and it was my "first time" in modding, something I'll never forget ! :D

When Civ V arrived, I was full of hope : I learned xml and few other things, I learned from my mistakes and I was ready to make a better job modding for Civ V. But no tools for mac users. Firaxis decided to distribute the Buddy tool to ONLY pc users. That's a fact, not a bitter sentence.

So, a black curtain felt down on Mac moders. As I enjoyed playing Civ V more than any other civilization game, I bought the Campaign Edition on the app store. And ALL dlc's. And Brave New World. And Beyond Earth. And Rising Tides.

As I enjoyed so much modding, and as I played too to Sims 3, I began to learn modding for this game. A bit late because I was so more involved in Civilization ;)

Then, the Sims 4 arrived. An uninteresting game ( compared to the previous Sims 3 ) but with a full batch of OPEN SOURCE MODDING TOOLS ! Starting from this, I quick learned to use a strong windows ( 7/64 ) and the basis of sims4 modding and at last, Blender I love now more than expected :) I made thousands of objects ... The graphic part ( including DDS ) on the Mac side, the 3D and the object itself on the Windows side :D

I do not really play Sims 4. I prefer Sims 3 and Sims 2 ( the fantastic updated version provided by Aspyr on the app store ) ... Anyway, my favorite games are still Civilization V and Beyond Earth :D

As the Mac Gaming Community has grown up with years, the guys who made sims 4 open tools on Windows are making now the same tools for Mac. But for a while now, when we talk game modding, Mac users talks Bootcamp. Not a problem at all indeed.

But what I cannot understand, is why Firaxis can't let Civilization players decide for the modding stuff and just provide a tool we could ALL use ? Or provide a tool for Mac users ?

Civilization VI : Discovering now. Playing, testing, and so on. Improvements has been made for sure. More complex ? yes and it is a good thing. More interesting ? Not sure. Not yet.

First, there is the hardware matter. If I want to really play, I have to buy a new Mac. Again ... ( I did it for Civ V ) ... Then, I must confess I HATE the new graphics :D Well I do not hate everything of course ! I love the new cities ( i talk graphics here, not gameplay ) much more improved compared to the stupid rectangles of Civ V, I quite enjoy the AI's look and feel, even a bit cartoonish ... But what I hate among everything are the terrains. Flashy, vomito green and colors, flat and so on. Gosh, they are as ugly as a smartphone game.

Maybe you think that's a detail but it is not. I do not feel the immersion. But I stop there because the subject of the thread is : Modding ! so what to say in conclusion ? We, Mac users, we won't mod for Civilization VI because Firaxis doesn't care. They just want we pay our games and that's it.

And if I am wrong, I'll come right here to edit my post and say something else ;)

Top Bottom