[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

San Fransisco should be significally lower.

Los Angeles should be a little lower. Also, these two cities are spelled wrong.

Vancouver is also way to far north.

darn ... should check their names, lol
about the positions - unfortunately i had to put this cities over there to let it growing up !!!! ;)

MaxRiga, I have tried your mod (1965 scenario) and I like it alot. I can tell you put alot of work into it and it is my favorite Civ 4 mod!

thank u, have fun ;)

If you are too busy I wouldn't mind helping, just let me know

thx, i'm not planing to do anything with the mod and scenarios in nearest future, but u always can do ur own scenario based on this mod ;)

MaxRiga said:
darn ... should check their names, lol
about the positions - unfortunately i had to put this cities over there to let it growing up !!!! ;)

Ahh, I see. That's a good point, LA is the US's second largest city.

San Fransisco however, you might not have to let it grow up big, since it is actually a small city. It is still good that it's in the scenario, it is a very important naval city, but it would be like a size 4/5 in civ terms (lol).

As far as LA . . .
You would agree with me that if it's possible to have cities in their correct spots, and still have them grow up, that would be a good thing right? ;)

My idea is you could add a bonus tile one tile to the south of LA. The tile could be called San Diego and look like a small city. It could provide all the resources needed to make LA grow up!

:mischief:

I'll be honest by saying I'm not too fond of having to make loads of workers which each only improves one tile at a time. I along with the ai will end up having to make workers all the time when those cities could be making military units instead.

But I dont know what other people think, thats just my opinion.

Narn said:
I'll be honest by saying I'm not too fond of having to make loads of workers which each only improves one tile at a time. I along with the ai will end up having to make workers all the time when those cities could be making military units instead.

But I dont know what other people think, thats just my opinion.

there are about 6 000 000 000 opinions on the sin planet earth .... lol
i love the way how workers work right now :) it's more realistic if worker working in mine it builds, for example. And u can't make super power by playing brazil, for example, in 3-5 years now ....

i love the way how workers work right now
hmm... i don't know... have you tested it in a long run? i currently play v4 and it naturally takes ages to produce one worker or workboat. considering how easy it is to destroy an improvement, in my imagination it will now (in v5) take forever to do just about anything. i know wars are supposed to be devastating, but fighting them in this game is part of the fun (a big part that is), but with those changes i can't imagine how they're gonna be fought at all. therefore i'm not sure i want to switch over to v5. unless you prove me wrong.

currently play v4 and it naturally takes ages to produce one worker or workboat. considering how easy it is to destroy an improvement, in my imagination it will now (in v5) take forever to do just about anything.

MaxRigaMod5 will have -

1-transports will carry foot units only ( except sea transport )
2-it will take five times longer to builds all kind of improvements now!
3-reduce time for worker production in cities
4-worker no longer available after improvement was built up ( like fishing boat )
5-gunship ( ah1 ) can go anywhere as other choppers
6-helicopters can't cross ocean anymore
7-two satellites added ( as spy unit, 3 per nation )
8-german TIGER tank replaced with another TIGER unit ( better model )
9-two french tanks added
10-su33 fighter added
11-ww1 soldiers have been added ( french, russian, british, german, italian and turkish )
12 - ww1 tank MarkV added
13 - ww1-ww2-modern infantry tech line added
14 - ZIS russian truck ( uu for ussr/russia )
15 - su25 tech and unit ( su factory with this tech )
16 - Tornado unit added

i know wars are supposed to be devastating, but fighting them in this game is part of the fun (a big part that is)

war is still fun in the game, just be sure u can REALLY protect ur resources/farms etc now, since u know what u can loose! ( it's more fun for my opinion ;) )

Well, here is my feedback ...

I was gonna post on this issue anyway cuz I'm running into some very bad problems.

First, I like the way it works with the worker getting consumed.
But I deffinitly feel they need to be cheaper. They still seem very expensive (taking me 25 turns to build in my best city, Beijing), and you can only use them once! It's just to darn expensive any way you look at it.

In my current game I'm playing as China and on turn 7 my oil well got sabotaged! About 5 turns later the first improvement I built in the game (a farm in Beijing) was hit by spies as well.

I know, your gonna say "Make some spies then!" Well, I can't because China doesn't start with communism (huh?) and it will take about 40 turns to research. I can't trade for it either. Meanwhile, my workers can't keep up and my nation is stagnant! Agh!

Suggestions? Yes! Make workers a little cheaper and make spies consumed by their actions!

Another thought: Why does the USSR have SS-20-N missiles in Cuba but the USA have non at all? They should have some in europe and a sub or two armed with nuclear missiles hanging around Russia.

Seriously. It would be a great game balancing and realistic addition!

Just thought I'd throw this out there to stimulate conversation, I might add more to it later.

WISH LIST FOR 2001 SCENARIO!

Proper city locations in North America! ;)

Jerusalem! Those Hezbollah are really going to mad now!BTW, make it a U.S. city if you have to!

Seoul, South Korea!

Scripts! Terrorist attacks, economic disasters, humanitarian crisis! Give us stuff to take care of, and make it hard to take care of! Using scrpits a USA player could have plenty of reasons to deploy forces around the globe!

And I would playing Russia as I fight Chechnyan rebels and endure wave after of wave of terrorist attacks in my best cities (LOL!).

Warlords compatible! :cool:

But I deffinitly feel they need to be cheaper. They still seem very expensive (taking me 25 turns to build in my best city, Beijing), and you can only use them once! It's just to darn expensive any way you look at it.

this will stay :))
make police, they are anti-spy units ( but 5 per nation ;) ) two-tree on one resources works in anti spy actios as 50% on 50%.

Well, I can't because China doesn't start with communism (huh?)
darn, i remember i was adding this tech to china ... probably missed ....

Another thought: Why does the USSR have SS-20-N missiles in Cuba but the USA have non at all?

usa ans ussr have one tactical nuke but remember, country can move it locations ;)

a sub or two armed with nuclear missiles hanging around Russia.

not in 1961 .... and i can make turkey alliance with usa ( there were usa nukes in turkey in 1961 ) cause turkey is in Arabia union ( and middle east was always good "friend" of ussr )

Proper city locations in North America!

Jerusalem! Those Hezbollah are really going to mad now!BTW, make it a U.S. city if you have to!

Seoul, South Korea!

Scripts! Terrorist attacks, economic disasters, humanitarian crisis! Give us stuff to take care of, and make it hard to take care of! Using scrpits a USA player could have plenty of reasons to deploy forces around the globe!

And I would playing Russia as I fight Chechnyan rebels and endure wave after of wave of terrorist attacks in my best cities (LOL!).

none of it will be done for 2001 for sure. but remember, u always can try to make ur scenario as well ;)

and... (please!) a more clean tech-tree... this is more than confusing

too long work, i this i will not do it ... :(

unitslist - is available for downloading on the first page of this post.
you can see the military generations and strength of all kind of units ( including interception possibility of fighters )

P.S. redownload maxrigamod5 file cause i made better ip% ( interception possibility of fighters ).

Aloha,

I am another guy who doesn’t get this Mod to work :cool:

1- [A]what version(patch) and [ B ] language of ur civ4?
a)1.61
Build Version 1.6.1.1841 (45604)
b)originally German but switched to English

2-[C]what version of mod and [D]scenario
c) maxrigamod5
d) 1941scenario6.zip

3-any screen of the error will be welcome

1.Error:
XML Load Error

Failed Loading XML file XML\Units/Civ4Unitinfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File –

File: XML\Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml
Reason: Fehler beim Analysieren von ‘60%’ als int-Dateityp.

(Translation of last line: Error while analysing of “60%“ as int-file)

Line 25532, 35
Source: <iInterceptionProbability>60%<iInterception Probability>

2. Error
XML Load Error

LoadXML call failed for Units/Civ4Unitinfos.xml.
Current XML file is: Units/CIV4Buildinfos.xml​

3. Error
Tag: xxx in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: Civilisations/CIV4Civilizations.xml

(xxx refers to each unit you introduced)
etc.
eventually I do get to choose my nation and after another set of error messages I was told I had lost the game :lol:

All the best

Drushba

I just started first game with this mod. And i found one bug. So, the Turkish WW1 Infantry is visible as red circle:>. I hope this isn't intended ;)

Now I'm playing my first game, 1901 scenerio as Ottoman Empire. Scenerio and mod look great, but workers are diffucult to produce... System is ok, operations can consume the worker, but producing them should be easier!!

alinurdengizich said:
Now I'm playing my first game, 1901 scenerio as Ottoman Empire. Scenerio and mod look great, but workers are diffucult to produce... System is ok, operations can consume the worker, but producing them should be easier!!

That's what everybody wants...

I loped off one lot of zeros for both the Indian fast worker and the regular worker making them now cost 25 and 50 respectively. Now for more information about how the factories, etc. work. Are these being treated like ordinary buildings only you need them to produce the unit, or are they like wonders where once you produce one building like say the tank factory you can build your WW2 tanks anywhere in your civ? I only have sort of just started playing with MaxRiga mod5 and just thought that this might be a good question to ask. Oh and by the way, after the two zeros are loped off it takes about 3 turns in Los Angles I think it is to produce a worker. The civilopedia wasn't very detailed about whether you needed them in a city to produce the unit or whether just having a tank factory in a city like Washington could unlock it for all cities that could build that unit. What I mean is that coastal cities might be able to build carriers etc. if one coastal city built a heavy docks. Is that how it works or am I on the wrong track? Healz.

Top Bottom