[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

this does not require an update just some technical help:

as I said on my list earlier, I wanted to change the capital of Nato, but it would not let me build a palace in my capital of choice. Is there some file I have to change or edit to allow me to change my capital

to Ricemon
do u have this CTD with latest 3.17 patch?

i Know but i thought it could be a little better......

unfortunately, the map is too small for 1961 scenario, so i had to call regions with country names to make it look more strategically.

as I said on my list earlier, I wanted to change the capital of Nato, but it would not let me build a palace in my capital of choice. Is there some file I have to change or edit to allow me to change my capital

just open scenario file in NOTEPAD and find any city name u want to change there.

I can keep working on some improves for my mod only if some1 help me with new pictures for new scenarios ( I prefer to use buildings instead of leaders in diplo screen. I need some new diplo screens). Any1 can do it for me so I create new scenarios for new MOD changes?

to Ricemon
do u have this CTD with latest 3.17 patch?

Yes. This is with the 3.17 patch.
And on another note, I've started a new game which CtDs randomly, especially in between turns but game remains playable when reloaded.

On a better note, error message no longer appears after I quit Civ4 with your mod on.

ok. I have played this mod before, but now i wanted to actually start a game on the 1901 scenario as france. I noticed a few things I thought was incorrect or maybe some bugs. I might be wrong, but I am just trying to help improve my favorite scenario. Ok here we go:
1)Some of the relations I think are messed up. America and Canada annoyed with Europe?
2)When I was looking at the carribean, i noticed Britain controlled Martinique. I know France controls it today. And I am pretty sure they controlled it in 1901.
3) France is in monarchy in 1901? where is democracy?
4)The wonder Notre Dame is in the civopedia, but not in Paris.
5)I noticed that random civs have the church of nativity. And Rome is the holy city of christianity???
6)A city by egypt, Suez has an islamic mosque and temple, but the city has no Islam in it.
7)I thought it was weird that they are still using Frigates, and they cant build ironclads yet.
8)Some techs that were not reasearched yet: metal casting, constitution, and banking. They should be researched already.
9)Some geography questions i had. Did Italy control greece back then. And Did sweden control denmark then.
10)I think the buddhest holy city is somewhere in India, not in nepal.
11) And finally the thing that annoyed me the most, after the first Turn, Germanys borders expanded big time and it took, paris, rome, denmark, warsaw, and almost london. That was really annoying. Its like they almost have all of Europe and a war has not even started. maybe you can disable that option for a great artist. Or make it so its harder for your borders to expand.
This version is BTS 2.
It looks like a good scenario, just these errors are kinda annoying.

ps. Before when i played this mod, I could remember a airplane in the background. When i played this time, it was the regular BTS background.

Most of these points are already fix in the 1901 map i done for my own games

the map includes a larger europe and is done to be played in marathon
also include a rebalance game
a re-design map
the add of corporations
the suppression of inaccurate nativity chuch
And the add of the partial independant india and bresil and argentina for longer games
and some other details

If you want to fix the great "german artist bug" you may add my files specialy the new "global define"
(indeed the 1st great people take more time to come so if it's a great artist the cultural border are quite better ....stabilize)that's the trick

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztxldaml4ji

enjoy

to Kube
can u please write down all files ( every single changings, even if u change just name of leader ) you have changed for ur scenario? May be I can just replace my files with ur new files for the next update? Is it playable for all scenarios or just urs?

First of all this mod is awesome.
Having said that I have seen a few problems with the American Empire in the 1901 scenario. First of all cowboys. They were never part of the American military and never fought in any war. They were merely men who herded cattle across the great plains to the railroads. I think that you should replace them with the Rough Riders considering they were in use during 1898 in the Spanish American War and were synonymous with President Roosevelt, though they would need a higher strength because they were stronger and more organized than cowboys.

Since I mentioned the Spanish American War in 1898 that brings me to my second point. As a result of the war Spain no longer controlled Cuba, it became its own country. So you can make that into a babarian state, also America gained control of the Philippines so the Americans need at least one island in the Asian Pacific below Japan.

Finally, before WWI the relations between America and Germany were pretty stable not furious like this game portrays it as. In fact, during the beginning of the war most people pushed for continued non involvement, due to the large German population in America. It was only when Germany sank the Lusitania breaking their promise with America against unrestricted submarine warfare that anyone even considered war with Germany.

If you already knew that sorry for wasting your time but I just like to talk about history.
Summary: 1.Change cowboys to Rough Riders and upgrade their strength
2. Change relations with America and Germany to pleased or at least cautious.
3. Make Cuba Barbarian State and give America the Philippines
Mabey if you can figure out how you can also add a Monroe Doctrine. thx:goodjob:

I start mod and got some settlers and units, always in north america...hod do i get the mod to work properly???

I start mod and got some settlers and units, always in north america...hod do i get the mod to work properly???

That is what happened to me a while back, you need to download the latest version for BTS and make sure it is in your mods folder

I've had so much fun with this scenario since I started playing it. Great job MaxRiga. Thank goodness I was able to figure out where to put the right folder. :)

There are some errors as shown in the picture when the mod is loaded. Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. ;)

plz, make a screen of MaxRigaMod in ur mod folder and make screen of assets folders inside of MaxRigaMod folder, thx.

Thanks for your reply. Here are the two screens.

And after the mod is loaded, I can't see any civilizations to select.

plz, make a screen of MaxRigaMod in ur mod folder and make screen of assets folders inside of MaxRigaMod folder, thx.

you made screen of asset folder inside of MaxRigaMod folder ( your screen nr1 ) but didn't make screen of MaxRigMod folder inside of your mod folder, please do it.

also, as your original language is Chinese, u had to mention on the first page of this forum that this mod for English version only! so, if you civ4 in Chinese u simply have to reinstall it in English.

you made screen of asset folder inside of MaxRigaMod folder ( your screen nr1 ) but didn't make screen of MaxRigMod folder inside of your mod folder, please do it.

also, as your original language is Chinese, u had to mention on the first page of this forum that this mod for English version only! so, if you civ4 in Chinese u simply have to reinstall it in English.

Do you mean this one? :confused:

I think my civ4 is in English.

I found the solution from another forum. The problem is I am using Chinese windows. I have to change some settings.

Thanks for your help. ;)

Top Bottom