1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

world buider and I open scenarios in WORD if I need to change civ's settings.

2. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Go MaxRiga!:goodjob:

4. Narn

Narn Warlord

great work!

can i make one tiny suggestion? ;)

the eurofighter is one of the newest and most advanced fighters in the world. i feel that the strength of 24 isnt enough. for instance the ja37 fighter which is decades old has the same strength. and the old mig25 has a strength of 26. i think the eurofighter should be more comparable with that of the f35 and have a strength of 30 or thereabouts and have a higher intercept rate as well.

also it should be available to build for the british. the british actually have the most eurofighters in the world

how does that sound?

5. Seafoideach

Seafoideach Chieftain

Great work! This has got to be one of my all-time favorite mods. I love cold war scenarios.

6. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

Narn,

we discussed the topic of airplane-rebalance extensively somewhere in this thread, quite a few pages ago. Bottom line is that it requires some serious effort ;)

Concerning the eurofighter: it doesn't have any stealth capability, so it shouldn't be anywhere near as strong as F35. And currently it's just a replacement for the generic jet / strike fighter (can't remember which one), that's why its strength is so low. It's a game balance issue rather than a reality-inspired one.

MrS

7. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

thx, I'm glad u like it

to MrSpadge

u r absolutely right, eurofigter is replacement for jet fighter for some Europeans countries.

to Narn

do u have any ideas what plane can be replaced with eurofighter as standard plane for Europe?

8. Ninja Tune

Ninja Tune Chieftain

Amazing mod... only thing that confuses me is why the Russians have access to other nations airforce units... I did get a stellar Domination win by 1924 starting in 1901 though...

9. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

I got around to play a little with BTS3 1944 D-Day and have some remarks:

- when ever I click to build the world trade center the game crashes. I remember reading something about this problem, so if it's known and general than it would be good to just exclude the building or place in some city, if building it triggers the eror

- German machine gun still has +50% vs armor (tanks really still don't mind 7.62 bullets, even if tere are thousends of them)

- should "Asean" be "Asian"? (some other scenario, I think 2001)

- do the units have a flag which tells the AI how to use them? I's weird that the AI uses tanks for defense and almost never for offense. This breaks the game to some extend, because it's far too easy to defend from Germany (or Russia in WW3). They have lot's of super-strong tanks and could crush a weak defender easily, but they keep attacking with 1 or 2 infantry or artillery.. which can do some damage, but is not threatening.

- I've been playing battle for Taiwan with BTS2 as one of the small nations and conquering China with 2 good and 2 old tanks + some support was far too easy, because most of the time they only left 1 defending unit in their cities. Even if I take city after city from them. Maybe this is the general Civ4-AI and can not be fixed by a mod, but if it's possible it may be worth a try. Maybe setting their leader to militaristic or something.

- edit: and some loading screen tip said that if I use a Privateer for a sea blockade I could draw money from the enemy. A modern equivalent of that unit could be nice.

MrS

10. bclund

bclund Chieftain

1981 - 34 civs fails to load. The rest works fine.

11. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to bclund
    read readme file plz

MrSpadge

1- i don't have dday scenario
    2- it never crash with me or my beta testers with world trade center!
    3- i had to make a good protection for germany because at the beginning of the game it's always very weak and small. I was trying to give more power for Germany in civ4 so this nation can stay longer.
    4- I haven't changed any settings for flags for tanks, so it should use it as attacking unit ( and it does in my games )
    5- no privateers needed for 20-21 century :)))

12. Narn

Narn Warlord

no i dont have any other suggestions. the eurofighter is good for europe i suppose.

the 1981 34 civ scenario fails for me too. i did put the new file into the assets folder but it crashes after i select which civ to play as

13. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

Hi Max,

1. Sorry, mixed that up. I WANTED to play that scenario with some other mod, but it does not work any more (patch too new) so I went for BTS3..

2. Shall I send you the savegame?

3. & 4. If the others actually use their tanks then, yes, AI-Germany might need some help.
    It's not like they would NEVER use tanks for offense, but I would say their main attacker is artillery, followed by some infantery. Especially if I attack and have many badly wounded veteran units after taking a city.. 2 or 3 "Panzer 4" could finish them off easily, maybe loosing just a single one. But they're not doing this. I feel like I don't deserve to win this way :p (difficulty was one above medium, maybe that's just too low?)

5. Yeah, sailing ships would not quite fit :D They'd have to be some small speedboats, like what is used today by modern pirates near the coast of Somalia. But nevermind, it was just an idea.

MrS

14. bclund

bclund Chieftain

Ah, yes. Thank you. Sorry about not checking it in the first place.

15. jakeison23

jakeison23 Chieftain

hey plz help me i downloaded your bts mod (version 3) and i can start the mod just fine but when i click on play a scenario none of your scenarios in it so i cant play your mod! plz plz help:(

16. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

plz, make me screen of the mod in ur MOD folder and screen inside of MaxRigaMod folder

17. Ayetach

Ayetach Chieftain

MaxRiga,

What ever you did, you did well. Excellent work with the mod! I've only ctd once when I was in a 1680x1050 windowed resolution anything less and its as solid as a rock. I'll have an updated 2001 scenario file ready for you within the week. :) Gratulerar!
    Just as a suggestion, if I can find out how to alter the images I would prefer something more fitting for each countries' leader picture (and perhaps a flag to go along with it) I'll see what I can dig up and put together.

**Edit** Here's a beta addition of the scenario file and the adjustments I made (contained in a zipped folder).

Attached Files:

18. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

My favorite scenario for 5.3 was WW3 on a Europe map. Does anyone feel like updating it for BTS3?

MrS

19. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to Ayetach
    hey, nice to hear from you :) yes, u can keep working on ur scenario but u have to upload it by ur self. May be u wantto create ur own topic in "scenario" section?

MrSpadge
    you can try to create ur own scenario ;) but there is 6 civs scenario based in Europe and north east USA ( Atlantic map ) starting in 2000 i think.

20. Ninja Tune

Ninja Tune Chieftain

So I have played a few more times and really got into this mod. It does seem weird that once you start to war against the other nations that it becomes a domino effect leading to constant warfare in the games I have played so far. Maybe I am just an aggressive player that does not like to see what he has conquered converting to another nation... Either way I can see this mod getting much playtime on my computer.