1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

this is civ4 major problem, that biggest nation is always - most powerful, most advanced and most cultural. I can't do anything with that :(

2. Ninja Tune

Ninja Tune Chieftain

Well, you have done a good job with everything else. It is kinda fun getting involved in a war that lasts about 10 years and ends with my nation dominating...

The only game that has not went my way so far was the one I was playing the Chinese and lost due to Wilson of the US gaining a diplomatic victory through the palace...

3. Ayetach

Ayetach Chieftain

MaxRiga,

I do in fact have a scenario tag on the forums for Q&A sessions and other miscellaneous help:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274613

I'll be updating it today to match the current events with this mod pack. I've posted a beta version on your forum here but I'll keep most up-to-date scenario collections on that forum. ;)

(P.S. I'm in and out a lot but it is nice to hear from you too!)

4. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

Well, yes. I suppose that would take quite some time, so I hoped someone else might gladly sacrifice his.. so I can lean back and just make some additions ;)

MrS

5. aob86

aob86 King

you missed off the british city of stanley on the falklands island and the argentine view of the british should be much worse as the falklands war was only a year this starts on the 1981 scenario

6. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

I haven't missed that part
    If UK will not attack Argentina that Falklands will cultural join Argentina. Or, UK must build lot of culture on Falklands.

7. aob86

aob86 King

oh ok fair enough :goodjob:

8. Ninja Tune

Ninja Tune Chieftain

Is there a reason why the Airforce Academy does not seem to give air units the bonus to experience like it says it should? None of my fighters made at a city with one had any experience at all... Figured I would mention it.

And I just played as the French... they are wicked in this with their ability to culture bomb almost anywhere. Once you take the corporations that England and Japan have you really become a threat just with culture which works well for the French I think. Kinda disappointed the computer does not use their corporations that well though. Got a decent score for a diplomatic win too...

9. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

i know about air force problem but still don't know how to fix it. any way u need it to build heavy bombers.

and yes, Sushi corporation + Eiffel Tower means - cultural boost! It's not my mod it's civ4.

10. bclund

bclund Chieftain

One way to fix the culture attacks of France could be to give everyone in Europe, and perhaps elsewhere too, a lot of culture to begin with. I think Europe in 1981 could be considered very cultured already. :)

Just a thought.

Another thing. I have now and then on the smaller maps used great people (especially engineers) to simulate the industrial and technological power of certain nations. Especially Germany and Japan can benefit from this since they have so few cities.

11. jakeison23

jakeison23 Chieftain

hey i downloaded this maxrigamod version 5.3 for vanilla and need help with it: i downloaded the scenarios pack for it also but need help with where to send the scenarios to in the mods folder, cause i can start them but they dont seem to be working right cause no events happen. example: in the 1901 scenario it doesnt force me into the war. in fact the only people fighting each other are france and china, but still no events forcing anything to happen. plz help:confused:

12. jakeison23

jakeison23 Chieftain

wow sry dude, right after posting this i remembered that theres no events feature in vanilla sry bout that just ignore this whole reply

13. jakeison23

jakeison23 Chieftain

downloaded the bts version 3 mod, start the game, then the mod, so far all's well, but then click "play scenario" and none of your scenarios are there. help plz? (i cant send a screenshot by the way, sry)

14. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

i can't see ur problem if u can't send scenario by the way, sry

15. I_am_sin7

I_am_sin7 Warlord

I have one issue with this mod, which otherwise is greatly enjoyable! I think its a little silly to have the British Invincible class carrier, packing the same punch as a American Nimitz, or Russian Kuzenetsov class. I am British, but this irks me, as they really do not have the same cabailities! I'd personally prefer it if they where upgradeable to a full carrier, or removed entirely. Perhaps the Invincible class model could be recast as a secondary carrier class? With the Nimitz class used as a "Modern Fleet Carrier" model, and the Invincible class used as the model for a generic "Cold War Anti-sub warfare carrier" or "Helicopter carriers" (which can also fly harriers?)

Don't get me wrong, this is just a niggling detail, but It nags me to have to build Invincible classes in the game all the way up to the 2050's :crazyeye: Would be much more fun to be able upgrade them to Queen Elizabeth Class CVF'S!!! : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier

16. Athelard

Athelard Chieftain

I found a little bug. Airplanes aren't build with XP points, even if the city have the airport and the airforces academy. I tried with the bomber, fighter and MIG3 figther units. Even if i add them XP or levels with the World Builder, they don't get the upgrades

17. robtheslob

robtheslob Chieftain

I have been trying to run this mod forever and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I drop all of the files in the BTS mod folder, load the mod, play a scenario and it always loads with only 1 player and none of the new features.

Am I not placing the right files somewhere?

Rob

18. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to robtheslob
    plz, make me screen of the mod in your MOD folder. Also, plz, make me screen inside of MaxRigaMod folder

to Athelard
    yes, it's known bug but i donnot know how to fix it.

to I_am_sin7
    u right but i based on 3d models which one were made for civ4 :(

19. robtheslob

robtheslob Chieftain

Max,

Attached are the screen shots. Thanks for the help. Also, I put the scenarios in the public maps folder.

Rob

Attached Files:

20. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

you have everything on it's place. but u still can have problems if civ4 is not in english.