1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. robtheslob

robtheslob Chieftain

Civ 4 is in english. I dont understand what the problem is. Does it matter what patch version I am running?

2. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

latest patch will do. but i have met some people who has the problem like u on Vista. i have no idea how to fix it :(((

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Vista can't be "fixed"; XP works fine.

4. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

I'd like to play this mod on a bigger earth map, can someone tell me how to put a new map in the mod?
    Thanks

5. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

someone has to create it to play. may be u can try? ;)

6. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

Well, I already have found a ngreat huge map but how don't know how to make it load properly with maxrigamod.:confused: If someone help me or teach me how to do that I'll be more than willing to create a new scenario on it.:goodjob:

7. robtheslob

robtheslob Chieftain

it's a shame I can't get it to work. Runs fine on regular civ4. If you think of anything let me know max.

8. Darkshadows

Darkshadows Chieftain

Whats new with 3rd version :confused:

9. le_harv

le_harv Chieftain

I think I may have a solution to the issue with some vista users whereby the scenarios for the BTS version do not appear in the 'play scenario' menu when the mod is loaded.

Rather than unzipping the mod to the appropriate folder in your 'Documents' try unzipping it to your 'Progam Files' instead. This seemed to work for me.

So rather than unzipping it here:

\Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

Unzip it to this location instead:

\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

10. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

I hear for the first time that anyone can use this link for playing mods -
    \Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS

of course it should go to -
    \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

11. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

Max, I managed to combine the maxrigamod with a giant map!:D Now, I want to add new civ for my scenario, Can I use modular civ or do I have to add them the regular way?
    Thanks

12. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

you can do it the way you like :))) don't forget to upload ur map ( with additional files if needed ) so we can try it :))

13. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

Ok, I added a couple of civ via modular loading but their units appears the regular size. Do you know how I can make them the size they appears in maxriga mod? Also, I would like to load the Vanilla bts Civs along with the others civs include in the mod, can you help me out with this?

Yeah, for sure I'll upload it!:goodjob:

14. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

??:crazyeye:

15. I_am_sin7

I_am_sin7 Warlord

Hi max! thanks for replying to my question about the british aircraft carrier (regarding the unsuitability of the invincible as a modern carrier).

I see what you mean! I looked hard to see if there was a CVF unit floating around the web, but i could not find one:( I did think, that maybe the illustrious class could be just ditched entirely? Or made as entire new class of unit, available to all nations, as a anti-sub carrier. the japanese have the Hyuuga class destroyer, and the US navy operates a fair few to.

The illustrious was originally only going to be anti sub anyway!
    Although I do understand its a lot of work! I'm probably going to try my hand at making a CVF unit, although will probably take me a long time;) Then it could be used as a modern EU carrier aswell, (seeing as the French almost bought a CVF from the UK anyhow).

Will post back again if i manage to finish the unit! Consider my suggestion, if it isnt too much work on the mod ;)

16. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to SimonB1er
    i really busy at my work, sry for my delay answer but i really can't help much in ur modding because of lack of free time.

to I_am_sin7
    not sure this part will be changed until you ( or somebody else ) create a special model of the carrier.

17. dragonred42

dragonred42 Chieftain

Hey, what do you need to remove to make it so you can build settlers again.

18. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

This isn't working for me on BTS(downloaded correct version of mod). Am i missing some instructions somewhere?

19. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

dragonred42
    u don't need to create settlers because this mod was created for scenarios and in this scenarios all cities are already placed on the world map.

Civ4_boi
    plz, read carefully redme.txt file and make me screen of the mod inside of ur MOD folder if u did instalation of the mod right but it still doesn't work

20. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

I had problems with the patch for BTS. Is there a version of this for unpatched BTS ?

I have the mod working on a Civ4 1.6.

In the XML files, what can i change to make the techs quicker ?

I like this mod. I'm editing it slightly in the World Builder, so religions are founded, and many world wonders, in historically correct places.