1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. trinder1

trinder1 Chieftain

I converted my favourite mission WW2 Global Conflict to Max Riga mod well done Max awesome work. I accidently lost a few weeks making this mission and then a few weeks enjoying it. Goes well with the Max Riga Mod

2. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

For BTS, i have installed this exactly as instructed, but it fails to load or crashes.

Has anyone got any suggestions to get this working for BTS ?

3. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

pleaase, read more carefully what I told u before -

to trinder1

fantastic job man
    i don't have a chance to play it all but i will include ur scenario in Public Maps for the next update for BTS3. Not sure it's gonna be soon but you map will be there for sure.

for now i want to give u some advises -
    1-turn off marathon that the only available speed
    2-Stalingrad is the old name of the city Volgograd, so, rename Stalingrad in your map on Novgorod, but Volgograd on Stalingrad
    3-add lot of culture to Siberian cites so enemies will not hide somewhere in Siberian forests
    4-place world wonders on it's places ( even if it's not historically built in this years, such as World Trade Center. it's much better to in NY then Brazilians or Chinese build it. )
    5-China and Japan colors are very similar on the map, change color for any those nations.
    6-remove time victory, let people play as long as they want ;)

once again, i will try to play it this weekend so to help u more but I see it already that ur scenario is really great!

4. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

as far as i can tell its in the right place. :confused:

5. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

Civ4_boi

yes, everything is right
    u must have latest BTS patch to play it, civ4 must be in english and sometimes Vista cause some problems with playing it.

6. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

really great work here MaxRiga. I'm sure many people appreciate it ;)

7. Civ4_boi

Civ4_boi Chieftain

Ok, thank you Max. I had the 3.13 patch, i'll use the 3.17 instead. I have XP so i should be ok there.

edit: works fine. thanks.

8. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

posted twice on accident...

9. Mattygerst

Mattygerst Prince

Hey guys...

Question...

Is it me...or is the combat level of the AI in this mod extremely weak, or am I wrong?

For example...

I recently played the 1941 mod on Monarch as Germany...and in mid 1942 I had pretty much steam rolled Egypt, the Middle East, Russia (past Moscow) --- yes, this is basically what actually happened in real life...but in real life, the Allies mounted vast and major counter-strikes (and the AI had nothing brewing since I checked in worldbuilder before I quit), and have annihilated much of the UK's navy, and I am ready to invade and crush the UK island.

Is it supposed to be this simple...would re-starting and upping the difficulty level to immortal or deity make an actual COMBAT difference?...I understand my tech rate, unhappiness, etc. will change...but what about the actual AI combat level?...

For example...I actually declared war on the USA and Defied the UN Resolutions for peace with Russia, UK, and Canada because I was hoping maybe they'd attempt to invade my lands with a few quality amphibious assaults...but...they never came and didnt appear to be on the way - AT ALL. The AI's navy simply kept to the Mediterranean and to my northern German border and blockaded me until I sailed up and crushed them...

So...anyone else notice this?...any other suggestions?....

10. djenghis

djenghis Warlord

Even on deity it is really very easy to conquers the entire world as Germany in 1941 scenario. And normally i am not that very good in civ compared to the achievements of others...

11. ddogg77

ddogg77 Chieftain

On this note, when I save it it saves in word. How do I change it to a readable format for the game to recognize?

12. ddogg77

ddogg77 Chieftain

NM, I are tarded. Figured it out.

13. ddogg77

ddogg77 Chieftain

I have been hibernating on this map for a solid week now, and must say, combat units for the world are lacking numbers and action. Did I do something wrong or has anybody else experienced this?

14. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

What does that mean?

Otherwise.. I played the Taiwan scenario in BTS2 some time ago. I steamrolled China in relatively few turns with Korea. It was only on Prince, but still.. rediculously easy! Almost no counter attack, no airstrikes or artillery, often just a single defender in the cities.

MrS

15. ddogg77

ddogg77 Chieftain

It means I have been playing this map exclusively for the amount of time specified. It is like the A.I. forgot to spend money on units to attack / defend. I altered the money to absurd amounts, $1,000,000 per country starting gold, and still nada.

Wonder if it is the workers that are sacrificed per improvement that are doing it? It takes forever to make them and then they die after one improvement.

16. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

This is definitely hurting the AI. They're building workers and waste them for normal farms and such stuff, which is an absolute no-go in MaxRiga. They should enter some total-war panic mode.. at the latest when their first cities fall.

MrS

17. Bobisback

Bobisback Emperor

hey, would like to say first off love you mod, and i am playing as U.S in a 1861 start, having lots of fun.

On the subject of your workers, i can see how this is ture to make them more expensive and takes longer to devolup, and it is a great idea but...... the A.I cannot handle it, because it takes so long ot build them that is all the AI is building, it has no time for units and the like, so i am playing on a much harder difficulty then usually but i am stomping Germany in the face, and my spies report that all there cities are building is workers. so to make it a bit fairer to the ai's i would bring down the cost of the workers and work boats by quite a bit and then in turn bring up the time it takes to make improvements by alot, otherwise the AI's are never going to build units to defend against my invading armies.

Thanks,
    bob

P.S sorry did not read but the first couple of posts hehe, it looks as if you guys are already looking into the problem hehe

18. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

Sounds like a good idea.. would need some testing, though.

MrS

19. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

i can't play 34 civ map
    i run mapview and show errors of no character
    command to short
    16886 errors

20. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

Pablod
    plz, read - readme file inside of MaxRigaMod folder

Mattygerst
    it's not the mod, it's actual gameplay of civ4 game. sure it can be fixed but i never tried to.