1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

MaxRiga ,
    hey,
    great work on the new version first of all,

in addition to mattygerst claim,

i really reccomend addind betterai mod, current version is 0.5,

it greatly improve ai performence, the game feels really difficult sometimes.

2. flaygor

flaygor Chieftain

Great job Max, truly the best Civ 4 mod ever imo :) any plans to update with more units, scenarios etc? I hope so :)

3. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

can any body make israil scenario
    with all this conflict with Gaza

4. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to Pablod - you can!

to flaygor - nope.

5. Valiko87

Valiko87 Chieftain

I love the mod, but I have one complaint about one scenario (which shows it's obviously very good =D)

In the 1961 scenario, why do the US and Japan have such awful diplomatic relations (-95)? This doesn't make any sense for the era. This seems like the 1961 scenario was built on top of the WWII scenario, and diplo modifiers never changed. This puts Japan at a severe (and inaccurate) diplomatic disadvantage, especially as the US and Japan had very much smoothed over WWII era grievances and had become quite staunch allies, especially with the PRC, North Korea, and USSR surrounding Japan. As Japan needs to trade in order to get any oil and as trade is a HUGE part of Japan's economy (specifically, trade with the US), I think this is a big oversight that ought to be addressed in the scenario. Otherwise, it's quite fun =)

I also realize Japan probably isn't a nation that you might expect the player to use in a Cold War scenario, but I thought it would be an interesting way to go through the Col War :)

6. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

on 34 civ the AI desgard the units whitout promotions in the firrst roun
    can you fix this
    or tell me where is the AI files to try myself
    thanks for the best mod

7. aob86

aob86 King

can someone help me please ive got bts and i put MaxRigaModBTS3 into the mod folder and the mod will load but if i try and load any of the scenario it says it bts has stopped working and will close down?

8. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

Do you have Patch 3.17?

9. aob86

aob86 King

yes i do have 3.17

10. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

to Pablod
    i didn't change anything in "brains of AI", so the basic civ4 promotion system stays as it is.

to Valiko87
    thx about us-japan relations note. I will fix it if EVER try to continue. so far i think i'm done with this mod.

to aob86
    it might happen if - 1-you are on Vista, 2-you have installed your civ4 not in english and 3-you did something not right.

11. aob86

aob86 King

yes i have vista(didnt have a choice when i bought my pc just over a year ago :( ), is there no way around it?, bts is in english and well i did reinstall it again, dont think i did it wrong, i dont have any problems with the other mods i installed

12. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

the problem is the computer AI for better research delete half of it unit
    on the first round to later build the old unit with promotions
    how we can fix this

i try play only coquest,diplomacy,domination

13. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

if u ever find the unswer how to fix it, plz, inform me.

14. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

yes i added promotion points to 10
    manualy to every unit in the 32 civ scenario

15. trinder1

trinder1 Chieftain

Max in my WW2 global conflict scenario it crashes around 1942 -what would cause this?

16. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

17. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Good work on this mod Max, however im wondering

Does this mod include Better BTS AI mod? Or does it have some kind of mod installed inside it or something that you built in that makes the AI smarter?

18. Warmessiah

Warmessiah Chieftain

Great mod but whyd u change the workers? In 5.3 (the mod ive got) workers cost 298 production, take about 17 turns to build a hamlet and they are consumed after. This means I cant play normal games with the mod, which is a shame :'(

19. MrSpadge

MrSpadge Chieftain

The workers were changed because most scenarios features hundreds of turns within a few years. It's a little unrealistic to completely terraform the world within this timeframe ;)

MrS

20. Valiko87

Valiko87 Chieftain

I can sort of understand that logic with the workers, but at the same time, it seems a tad ridiculous for the modern age. Something like a "cottage" (which is, of course, actually like a small town) makes sense to take 17 turns (17 months to construct a new city actually seems generous), but some other worker actions seem to take too long, such as building a road. With modern technology, it should not take 6 or 7 months to build a road...I'd say that should be two turns tops. Of course, that kinda makes it pointless to destroy an enemy's infrastructure, too.

At any rate, though, while I agree with settlers being prohibitively expensive, I do think the workers should cost less.