1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by MaxRiga, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

Hi guys, thank you all for being in this thread. I'm not working on this mod any more, since I was too busy and I got 0 donation through the mod web - http://maxriga.civfanatics.ru/

Concerning workers price I can tell you my logic - This mod was created for multiplayer battles in historical scenarios/maps. I didn't create maps for the mod but mod for the scenarios !!! ( 1901, 1941 etc ). In multiplayer it was too easy to declare war and rebuild ur infrastructure so people do not usually took much care of it. After the workers cost became really expansive it became most valuable unit for trade ( in multiplayer ) and, of course, players were trying to protect it resources with all cost. The game becomes more interesting because not just cities but infrastructure became extremely valuable. Every unit and every town or mine is counted. Players started to think strategically. For example, if russian bomber from Cuba could reach Texas oil rigs in 1961 map it was real thread for USA. That was the point – taking care of your economy and infrastructure.

P.S. Just remember USSR after WW2. It took many years for Russians to build up their country after this bloody war. In regular civ4 settings it could take 1 year what in MaxRigaMod takes 10-15 years. In this case MaxRigaMod is more realistic and this why workers cost so high!

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sorry to hear this. (I'm sure you know most modders work for free...) Anyway, best of luck!:goodjob:

3. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

don't get me wrong, I was doing this for free too but since people do not donate that means they don't need improvements. I really have a lot of other stuff to do except free moding :))

And in my opinion the mod is 100% playable at it is, I fixed all errors I could find. So, i left moding AFTER I did all my job with the mod.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sorr, didn't mean to offend... I really appreciate what you've done modding.

5. Warmessiah

Warmessiah Chieftain

Hey max, be4 I had a bit of a complaint about long worker times, nvm, I just patched it by changing the XML....

If any of you want a playable version that will work on a normal game (basically with production for worker down) i can give you the file

6. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

please do the patch for 3.19
    i get you tickets for fire vs toronto fc 9/29

7. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

LOL
    i've uninstalled my civ4 long time ago
    so, the mod doesn't work with the lates patch for BTS? that's pretty sad :((

8. Darkshadows

Darkshadows Chieftain

MRM works with 3.19 (atleast for me).

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

On what OS?:confused:

10. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

what is that

11. Warmessiah

Warmessiah Chieftain

dudes I have a srs problem...

I have made a playable maxrigamod from start to finish, all techs balanced like civ 4 and workers and setellers the same so it will play like civ 4 until you hit the maxriga mod techs. I am only a beginner at XML modding but now I realised that I must have changed an entire file at somepoint coz whenever I am about 40 turns into a game it crashes with the microsoft error report... so there must be some sort of unrecoverable file. There are a couple of civ 4 files and stuff in my mod and I might have forgot to change some of the file strings....

If anyone is rly nice and dedicated to help me sort out this problem and find the missing file, thanks :)

12. Warmessiah

Warmessiah Chieftain

13. J-K

J-K Chieftain

MaxRiga: Your mod is great and your skenarios are good, thank you for to work you have done. However, there is one thing wrong in your whole-world skenarios; your globe map is lousy. Especially map of Europe does not look Europe at all. Why don't you use world map from original game skenerio world 1000 ad? That's great map. Using it would make your skenerios even better.

14. Narn

Narn Warlord

so does this mod definitely still work with the 3.19 patch? i dont want to update the game in case this great mod no longer works

15. bclund

bclund Chieftain

The 1981 34 civ scenario does not seem to work with the update. And yes I remembered to place the dll-file in the assets folder. The standard mod does seem to work fine. At least that is my experience.

16. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Emperor

yes, 34 civs doesn't work, all other scenarios are working ok.

I didn't create world maps my self, I downloaded it from this forum.

17. civ editor11

civ editor11 Ruler

I'm remaking the map using a GEM one but its taking me quite some time.
    Great mod by the way MaxRiga I'm basing mine off it just adding another few civs.

18. Pablod

Pablod Warlord

please put it in here

19. civ editor11

civ editor11 Ruler

I'm uploading it to atomic gamer now. could you guys find out where i need to place units for 1861. IT'S UP!
    http://atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=80988
    I had to attach the entire mod folder because since I have an increased size map I'm going to add a few new civs(Cuba, North Korea). so if you use this scenario you must use this version or it will crash.

20. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

I downloaded it but I got a lot of errors when I tried to extract. I got errors like file corrupt and stuff I guess.