[Mod]Mechanized Infantry with soldiers

The Tollan

Prince
This is a mod I made that that changes the appearance of the Mechanized Infantry unit to include soldiers. It also changes the unit formation.

It affects the art of Mechanized Infantry, but not the statistics, abilities, or other characteristics.

Feedback or comments are welcome.

Link to download:

Mechanized Infantry with soldiers

This is a second version of the mod that shrinks the soldiers within the formation:

Mechanized Infantry with soldiers, Resized

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This would impossible to mod only firaxis could change this

Mechanised infantry should just be APC (vehicles with inside soldiers so when the battle start the soldiers come out the vehicle.

I like the concept, but the placement of the soldiers themselves is a little odd. Would it be possible to have the two vehicles behind a row of the soldiers?

I changed the formation on the two variants of the mod so that the two vehicles are in the back row. The downloads from this site now contain the new version.

Edit: Unforunately a problem seems to exist with the XML code used to cause this formation. It seems that putting MechanizedInfantry members to zero causes the game to crash if the unit losses too many members. I reverted the formation back for now. I tried a few things to avoid the problem, but they caused other problems.

Also, both size variants of the mod are now available on Steam Workshop.

There is a problem with the code in the new formation (all vehicles in the back row). Due to the specifics of the unit member coding the game crashes when Mechanized Infantry units take a certain amount of damage. I am reverting the mod to the old formation until (or unless) I can get that formation without a problem occurring.

The game will not crash with use of the mod now.

Also, I changed the ID on one version of the mod so that the two are considered separate in the game and will both display and update separately.

Goldflash, unfortunately I encountered a problem with the game crashing under certain circumstances when I conducted more testing of the mod with that formation. I had changed the Mechanized Infantry members to zero (so that none would appear in the front row). This seemed to be the source of a crash error.

I reverted the mods back to the old type as a consequence.

I tested using <Replace> to replace front row vehicles with soldier members, but this caused problems when the unit recovers from damage. A damaged unit would usually gain beyond two vehicles after healing and would thus depart from the desired unit members.

If I find a way to implement this formation without these problems I will change the mod to use it.

I have modified the formation in the mod. The four soldiers are on the right and left of the vehicles now.

I have not been able to implement a formation with the infantry in front and the vehicles in the back without a problem occurring, but this new formation is less random than the old one. It is based on a recommendation from a poster on the Steam Workshop.

A screenshot of the new formation is posted with both variants of the mod.

Top Bottom