1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Modular United Mods

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by Liambane, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Pastshelfdate

Pastshelfdate Chieftain

I just downloaded United Mods last night, over my 28K dial-up. I thought about using the first server on Atomic Gamer's list of four servers for the file, but I chose the second one, in case too many people clicked on the first one. I didn't time my wait, but I'm guessing it was very close to the advertised "4 minutes." wasn't worried about that wait, as I knew the download would take a very long time (about 5 hours, when it was done).

I hope trying one of the other three download servers works for you.

Mr. L

2. Pastshelfdate

Pastshelfdate Chieftain

I wish I knew how to quote the signature block you used. I think you said having a "Viking" civilization, led by Ragnar Lobroc (spelling?) would be the same as replacing the "English" with the "Yeomen," led by Robin Hood, or replacing the "Americans" with the "Cowboys," led by Zoro.

I did not know that "viking" is Norse for "pirate," and that the civilization would be more properly called Norse. I did know that Norse moving up the rivers of what is now Russia managed to gain leadership of Russia, so the Norse would be a good choice for a player, as they weren't threatened except perhaps by Sweden, and certainly Nazi-led Germany.

Anyway, thanks for a couple of laughs out loud, and some education.

Mr. L :)

3. Pastshelfdate

Pastshelfdate Chieftain

I look forward to it, :) if I ever get it working. :blush:

Mr. L

4. Comradebot

Comradebot Chieftain

Seeing as I now play almost exclusively with this mod (go go Russian colonies!), figured this is as good of a place as any to get a couple chunks of advice.

1. I started a seperate thread regarding this, but this thread may be a better spot. I'd LOVE to be able to edit the names of the Russian leaders, as right now they're the only two colonial leaders to NOT have their full names, and it sorta bugs me. A minor thing, but I'd love to be able to fix it.

2. Again, regarding Russia... do they ALWAYS start in the southern most reaches of the world? Because it sure feels that way (and I THINK I've heard all Civs have a sorta "set" start location... which is lame...). Is there any way to change this? Russians belong up north, damnit (or even on the opposite coast? Is that even possible?). Again, isn't a HUGE deal, and honestly I'd be happiest if the game could've been more "random" with start locations in general.

If anyone can talk to me in very, very simple terms of how to accomplish either or both of these, I'd be very grateful. Can't say I'd give you an actual, tangeable reward, but you can't put a price on a nice "thank you", now can you?

5. rchowhs

rchowhs Chieftain

I am making a new scenario, including a little bit of E asia and W Africa, & I think adding some more victory options, might be a good idea

6. mssmjscss

mssmjscss Chieftain

The Russians owned Alaska :rolleyes: ; China didn't own any colonies, but they did emigrate to the west coast :D . The only one that I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on is Israel :goodjob: .

P.S. If someone already responded as of so, I'm going to be extremely mad! :mad:

7. Masterman

Masterman Chieftain

Just returning to the game after a few years break to see that a new version (1.3) has been made, which now includes the Russians! They apparently even start at a reasonably correct starting position meaning I don't have to do any more of that work myself, nice. Now, this is the way I want to play Colonization. This post is just a heads-ups to Liambane for having taken the time to round off this project with a nice finish. Great work! :hatsoff:

Sure, there are more things that could be made, but this might do for now. However, in case of future updates, are there any new requests for this mod? What should be added? More civs? More resources? Map corrections? Anything else? Add in your comments, but I can't promise to make any additions due to the usual heavy workload, although I might check back on this within a few years again, heh, to make some fixes if needed and possible, particularly with regard to the map.

Now, time to rule the New World! :king:

/ Peter Masterman :cool:

8. Toze Santos

Toze Santos Chieftain

Hi,
    I'm trying to download the mod but looks like Atomic Game is no more active. Could you place it another site or send it to me, please?
    Thanks in advance...

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

The last post here was in 2012. I assume that the modder is no longer active.