[Mod Potential]What Class should Helicopter belonged to?

What Class should Helicopter belonged to?

• 1. Remain as Light Cavalry

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 2. Separate class (Mod heavy)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 3. Anti Cavalry (As in Civ5)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
What should 'Helicopter' unit be. Did its current unit class as 'Light Cavalry' a correct one? Is 'Anti cav' class a better candidate? does it needs a separate class instead?

Actually this is late game unit. And if Helicopter should be in a separate class. should it has a predecessor or successor units in the same class.

If we assume the helicopter is supposed to be an attack helicopter specifically it would probably be best to keep it as a light cav. You could argue for a bonus vs heavy cav in there.

It's fast, good at scouting, and hard to pin down like you can a normal ground formation. So it lines up pretty well with that role. And if you build them in game, they are great flanking units that can maneuver over terrain to strike at exposed ranged/siege/wounded units.

Only problem is the aluminum usage. IMO you can go two directions: keep aluminum, but make it a really strong unit because aluminum competes with planes (this might mean adding an anti cav boost, and possibly giving it a 1 range ranged attack.) Or make it use oil and just let it be the final light cav unit.

Eh? Light cav has a bonus attack against heavy cav by default??
No, no, i meant if you wanted to represent the tank killing ability of helicopters, you could add such a modifier.

It should stay as light cav. A ranged cavalry version that upgrades from tank destroyers as an entirely new additional class should exist too though.

IF Heloes is fit the role of Light Cavalry class. Is this unit actually represents Air Cavalry concepts invented in Great Indochine War of 60-70s (Wars were fought in three countries along Mekhong River. not just in what's now Vietnam. My dad had been in Laos working on behalf of Americans as Artillery FO and fought off some VC goons and several Laotian sympathetists).

I voted "separate class" as I would implement a different game play for them, but without "heavy modding" (difficult if not impossible with the current tools) any of the two classes could do depending on what type of helicopters you want to represent.

I voted "separate class" as I would implement a different game play for them, but without "heavy modding" (difficult if not impossible with the current tools) any of the two classes could do depending on what type of helicopters you want to represent.
a helo that can also hover above lakes and seas. can attack ships and submarines.

Top Bottom