Mod Proposal: RFC - Modern World

Bryce3

King of Wessex
Hello. As some people may be aware, for the last 3 years of so, iv'e been attempting to make a mod by my self, Modern World. However, after playing a couple of games of RFC, I thought that perhaps a RFC modmod set between 1900-2000 would be fun. This would work very well, as nations need to manage stability, in the latter part of the century nations declared independence and there have been 'plagues' (epidemics). While I can mod with XML and do a little art, I was wondering if any RFC modders would be interested in working on this. Here is a list of ideas I had:
Spoiler :
- More units. In a similar way to RTW, having lots of UU's. Units like Anti-Air and Anti-tank, etc.
-More techs. Again, like RTW.
-League of Nations. Only top 10-20 civs included, not as much power. Can create trade deals and attempt to stop wars, but nations in war can refuse
-Rebuilt UN. Similarly to the UN in DOC, more functions such as liberating colonies, etc
-Peacekeeping - similar to crusades in other mods, the UN Secretary General may call for a peacekeeping mission. UN members then vote to see who will lead the UN Armies (Nations can donate soliders through a screen who become a Peacekeeping equailent under the leader of the peacekeepping: they cannot leave the warzone, but as soon as the war is over any surviving units will go back their nation, possibly with additional promotions.
-Independence movements. With dictatorial civics, some areas may start demaning democracy, and failure to do so may results in armed revolt. Also, with democracy, an event could happen, with a proportion of an area (city or cities) asking for independence. You can either ignore (unhappiness, diplomatic penalties, chance of armed revolt), or arrange an referandum. You can choose to put money into a campaign against independence, which will reduce the chances of independence. While the main idea here would be more traditional european colonies cu as India, etc, it would also be interesting to have smaller ones, such as Scotland and Cataloni forming new civs.
-Historical wars. Increased AI aggression at certain times: war will not be forced, but, for example, Germany will be very likely to invade Poland in 1939 and Britain/France and Germany around this time may be likely to declare war on either side.

This is all I have for now, so, again, if you are interested in helping make this or have suggestions, please comment below.

EDIT: Did I put this in the wrong forum? Should it be in mod mods?

Top Bottom