MOD Realism Invictus - game: Veni, Vidi, Invictus

Calanthian

Emperor
Game – Sign in !

MOD Realism Invictus - game: Veni, Vidi, Invictus

A Beyond the Sword v3.19 PBEM game, which uses the Realism Invictus Mod.

Entry to this game is free but one has to be prepared to play for more than a year. Only serious players are accepted, and it is up to you to convince the game host ;)
Those who do not receive invitations can request one by posting in this thread and fulfilling all of the following criteria.

Conditions of entry:
1. Turns will be taken every two days. If you have a job or anything else which requires that you go on frequent trips or spend a lot of time away from your home or wherever you play civ, then please do not sign up. For the game to be successful we need players who reliably take their turn during their allocated times. I do of course allow for vacations and so forth but it is absolutely imperative that if you are going to be absent from the game for more than a couple of days you let us know or take responsibility for finding a substitute player while you are gone. Players who are absent for 5 days or more and have not made any attempt to contact any of the players in the game will be replaced.

2. In your post you must also indicate two important things: (a) what timezone you are in, and (b) what times of day you are able to take your turn (remembering that you will be taking a turn roughly every two days most of the time). By requesting an invitation to this game you are also committing to potentially spending well over a year participating in this game.

3. Please make your own civilization. Name your units and your cities.
Write a history or be very active diplomatically (email etc.). Act in character.
A game with a lot of flavor adds to the fun to be had.

Settings:
To be decided

MAP: Big_and_Small
YES Random Events
YES Huts
YES Vassals
YES City Razing
No Tech Trading

Victory Conditions:
ALL, except time

10 turns of universal peace

Signed up players:
* Host to be decided
* 1. Calanthian – GMT +1 - Dravidian, Tipu Sultan
* 2. KiwiTT, GMT+12, England, Churchill
* 3. Michkov GMT+1, .. , ..
* 4. Gavaway, GMT +3

This mod has a more elaborate combat system , with ranged fire, and an "AID"-system which is geared to use stacks comprised of different troop types:

AID system

More unit categories

Way more promotions and doctrines for even more flavour and difference between nations

I'm In ... KiwiTT, GMT+12, England, Churchill

I'd like to join. What version will you be using? Are you considering an advanced start? It takes a while to get going in this mod and the first turns are mostly spend waiting for something finish building.

Michkov GMT+1

I would suggest taking the fastest speed setting as PBEM is slow anyhow.

I agree to Advanced start.

But fastest setting will make all those unit types obsolete too quickly, so disagree to that.

On RI version: I think I have 3.1 (but in the game files I can't find it..)
But anyway, we'll use the latest version.

Will it work over multiple time zones.

Also can not download the pitboss application.

I'd prefer pitboss over pbem as we can have more players. Calanthian I don't know if you follow the RI development thread in the C&C forum, but the devs said that v3.2 should be out by the end of the year.
I guess it'll take us at least till after Christmas to get this going, so would you consider starting it with 3.2? That way I wont have to run to versions of the mod(sp&multi)

Let's aim for 3.2.

Pittboss is designed for multiple timezones. And you don't need to download anything except the mod.

It works verry simple: you log in at gameserver, play your turn. Turn at server flips every X hours.

Hello Guys, i am a fan of RI and i would really like to play it with other ppl, but i am too busy in non vacation times. I would like to participate but in one that's a month long only

I tried playing the Big and Small map and it kept crashing.

@Kiwitt: that is weird. It may be your hardware.
Try the large RI world map.

@NDU: the game will (most probably) be one turn each day.
If that takes too much time, then this is probably not the game for you.

I can play the biggest world map no problem. Am playing as Japan.

Consider me in. I'm in GMT+4 time zone but it will shift to GMT+3 this spring due some weird politics of my government. I'll be usually able to play turns late in the evening, after 11 p. m. But I strongly suggest that we play pitboss, where these things don't really matter much. I also suggest that we wait for 3.2

Maybe I will join if its still up. But I have never played multiplayer civ. :mischief: I found this thread mainly because I am big fan of Realism Invictus mod.

Well, maybe you know some others you want to join.

Over here there aren't too many MP players who want to play mods.
(although they should ;) )

Top Bottom