Mod Request - Schism

QES

Court Jester
I miss revolutions, civil war, upheaval and having to manage your happiness not merely to keep producing, but to keep one's self alive.

I also miss being able to starve other nations happiness to encourage civil wars in their lands.

I would ask that Unhappiness be upgraded. "Severe Unhappiness" penalties should be moved up to "general unhappiness" and "Severe Unhappiness" should be given a % chance per turn to cause a schism. (Based on how unhappy exactly people are)

For those of you unfamiliar, Civilization 2 had a mechanic in which if a capital was taken or unhappiness reached a certain point, cities would revolt. Up to half of your civilization would be removed from your empire and would constitute a "new empire" complete with it's own leader. This would be a civilization that was unused thus far in the game.

I sorta loved this. Many people thought it was 'unfun' - but I enjoy causing it in other nations as much as I dreaded having it happen to myself.

I also should think that certain policies would make it more or less likely. And perhaps some policies could function like certain (Civ IV) civics which would incur unhappiness in rival civilization is if they did not share the policy. And perhaps the loss of a capital might hold a % chance of schism.

With the complexity of policies and culture in the modern (Civ V) game - I feel that culture could be tied into schism chances. Low culture societies would be far more likely to fracture than high-culture societies. If this could be reflected as well, that would be grand.

The Ideal would look like this: A peaceful nation is contending with a few war mongering states. And to keep itself solvent the small nation has undergone a systemic change and procedure to maximize it's own happiness and culture and minimize that of opponents. Increased pressure upon it's rivals eventually stymies their ambitions, and the world erupts in several civil wars. The fracturing of the mega-powers leaves the small cultured state much stronger in comparison than it was.

I just find the idea of some large expansive empire split in two and suddenly embroiled in civil war ridiculously appealing and satisfying.

To any who could make this possible. I will <3 you forever.

Top Bottom