Mod Request: Teammates can control the same units

DENamit

Chieftain
I would like to request the following mod:

Teammates can control the same units and the same amount of resources that go along as well. Ideally teammates will control one civilization, or in other words play as one player. This would be very nice to play with a group of a few friends, requiring a much stronger interaction between the players. I am looking forward to have a weekend session of Civ 6 with two to four people where we will cooperate, delegate tasks and try to beat multiple AI's. Another advantage is that there will be no more senseless waiting for others to finish the turn.

The idea is taken from StarCraft 1 "Team Melee" multiplayer game-type. However it can also be found in multiple other strategy games.

Though there is a question: what extent of simultaneous control is feasible to be implemented as a mod? I can guess that at least the following hacks are implementable:
-1. change unit ownership between teammates on click, so the person who clicked the unit or a city as last has the control of it.
-2. sink all the resources, resources gain, technologies and so on, such that teammates together appear as one player.

I have to admit I have no modding experience at all, so I can't say how something like this could be implemented.

I expect some skeptics to say that how they play Civ 6 multiplayer, they would never want to play such a mod. I hope though that some people might be interested in this concept.

Top Bottom