Mod Request

Preußens_Gloria

Chieftain
Hi there,

there are already many mods out there which make the game flow more convenient and remove unnecessary things. In my opinion the game is overloaded with things helping even the smallest child to end a game without any trouble. I speak of the massive popup-spam, including endless quotes and poetic text lines with every small event happen on the map. If you play the game for the first time it is nice. But after the third time it is really annoying that Aristotle tells you again how important laws are or that the screen pops up as if you not have seen wonder X for the thrid time or that Qin Chi Huang tells you how great China is compared to you for the third time.
A large number of clicks you spend with clicking this spam away and I find myself afraid, when I send my scout into the unknown: "Please, find no other Civilization or wonder, so you have my peace while playing and listen to my music."
I had a moment, where I was attacked, and I had to click away two popups and three civilizations declaring war on me and wait for the PC to end proecessing the turn before I finally could react, although I was busy with something else already. In every RTS I had not such stress because you already are in the RT flow - and mostly no one makes a scene how dare you for what ever they declared war on you. (Besides: The declaration of war is pointless because the AI behaves irrational anyway. I found a the civilization I never met before and which is miles away from me and they declare war on me. Yes. This makes sense.)

I was very happy to find the "CQUI"-Mod, inter alia. I reduced the mod to the popups which means that it removes the civic/science-completion-popups. But still I become spamed with the Eureka/Inspiration-Popups and the Wonder-Found/Build-Screens.

My capablilities in programming are very poor. So I would like to use the possibility here to request a small mod, if someone is interested.

The first task is to remove the Eureka/Inspiration-popups (boost popups) additionally like the CQUI-mod does already for the completion popups. So the new mod includes both. For me personally, it would be enough if the completion- and boost-popups would be reduced to these little icons on the sidebar right on the screen, with the typical sound played when occurring. This would be my idea.
As expample: You get a boost for "Archery", a small icon apprears on the side bar with the sound, telling you that you Archery-research get a boost or is completed when you click/hover it. Finished. Nothing else. I have seen this in number of games on the same way. Same for all popups and there information. EDIT: It would even be possible, that the icon in the sidebar appeas and only when you click on it the popup appears.

The second task would be to remove the wonder-found- and wonder-complete-screens/movies. Maybe as setting in the menu, whether you want to see it or not. If a wonder is complete, it is like you complete a district. If you found a wonder, you maybe see this glowing and that is all. No screen centering or stuff.

The third task is to remove these "jumping" to events of action. It is really annoying. I have two units next to eachother, I give one an order and let it go and the screen jumps across the map to another event. Who the hell had the idea of this stupid thing?? One cannot end a turn without giving any possible order and this is nothing else as a double-secure to make sure the stupid player really gives all orders. Have you heard of "Total War"? Never needed such things.
So the supreme discipline in this task would be to set this force to give all possible orders optional in the menu, so that you can end a turn without giving all possible orders. Maybe bound to the help setting.

So, this would be my wishes for a mod solving still annoying things in the game.

Thank you and regards.

Last edited:
Note Quick UI isn't being developed anymore, but CQUI is... but it doesn't have what you're looking for... yet. You could put this request in the issue tracker on CQUI's GitHub.

Also, independent of that...
FYI, in your %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\UserOptions.txt file, change "AutoUnitCycle 1" to "AutoUnitCycle 0" to prevent automatically jumping to the next unit. I suspect but am not certain that changing "PlayVignettes 1" to "PlayVignettes 0" should disable wonder movies.

Top Bottom