[MOD]Romance of the Three Kingdoms

up to you man.... moregraphics or the civpedia.... ur choice....

Are you planning anything over the next few weeks? I have started a new job and need to know if you need anything done as I have loads on my plate at the mo.

is this thing dead ?
im a big ROTK fan and would of loved to see this come in full effect....
i wish i could help but i know nothign of programming

is this thing dead ?
im a big ROTK fan and would of loved to see this come in full effect....
i wish i could help but i know nothign of programming

its not dead... im still working on it... if you want... dl the game itself... and tell me what you think.. do the design.. tell me what you think of the leaders... tell me what should their traits be... the UU's (unique units) should be... etc... get to work boy.. and ill put your name on the product

I am still interested in helping out, but as I am working daft hours I really need some clear indication of what you would like from me :)

Hi modders:

A few quick comments/questions for you.

This mod seems to have a lot of potential. I would like to test it out & let you know what I think. But first, how far along is it? Also, I do not have warlords so vanilla will work right?

My last question is will yr mod have game length options? In other words, sometimes I like to play longer games in mods (1000-1200 turn games)... will this be an eventual feature in this mod?

Are there many new units/techs, etc.?

So if you're interested in a tester, please answer my questions and if it'll work an vanilla civ I will download, play, and give a report on the game.

adios.

Hi modders:

A few quick comments/questions for you.

This mod seems to have a lot of potential. I would like to test it out & let you know what I think. But first, how far along is it? Also, I do not have warlords so vanilla will work right?

My last question is will yr mod have game length options? In other words, sometimes I like to play longer games in mods (1000-1200 turn games)... will this be an eventual feature in this mod?

Are there many new units/techs, etc.?

So if you're interested in a tester, please answer my questions and if it'll work an vanilla civ I will download, play, and give a report on the game.

adios.

ok... its vanilla.. cause i dont have warlords... and im too lazy to go and buy it... 2nd... I CANT GET IT TO PLAY!!!! and i cant figure out what the problem is.. and i dont know how to debug ingame, like get an error file that tells me whats wrong.. so if you want... test it... ill make the changes... and then repost... so far im the only person working on this code-wise... so i need the testing help... please let me know... and btw... tecks and uus will be comming...

ok... ive gotton NO WORK DONE in the last week or so... anyone what to take up teh programming side of this project... cause i suck... and ive done all the work so far... so... have fun...

Hi

After try to play the world scenario the games has crash? i'm using Civ version 1.61.Please help.Tq

ok here we go... the GAME CRASHES!!! have no clue why... i wrote the code... i should know... but i dont... i need help... anyone want to pitch in and give it a whurl???

been working on the mod... game still crashes... but i got rid of teh run time errors... YAY!!!! now all i need to do is figure out why teh Dawn of Man screen keeps on failing to upload correctly... i could use some help....

the download is on teh first page btw....

I seriously need someone to look at the XML files and tell me why the Dawn of Man screen won't load correctly! This mod is in deep if we can't figure this out! =\

I am a three kingdoms fan too! I remember there was a good 3K mod for Civ III. Good luck on working out your problems, I will wait patiently for a complete release.

still looking for help... i have put this on hold until someone can look at the code and tell me WHY IT WONT LOAD THE DAWN OF MAN SCREEN!!! ok... units would be nice too... can someone make the juggernaut that kongming(Zhuge Liang) designed? also work on a tech tree, just ideas for right now, would be very nice...and if anyone wouldnt mind setting up a cool title screen... thatd be cool... :)

Personally, as a Chinese, i start reading this, long, complicated story, since, age of 8. Fall in love with it, it is a great book of culture, management, military strategies, military tactics...

i also have some great time in Japan made games of romance of the three kingdoms, you can take them as a reference, if you can understand them.

i don't call myself a pro as this is a popular topic... i can provide some very basic infromations.

it's known that, the manchu, which later rule the Qing Dynasty, read this book for their art of warfare.

That is a age of Great peoples, military genius like Cao Cao(is also good at literature),
genius like Kong Ming which is also good in management, military,engineering,chemistry,astronomy..., Great politicians (which introduce a very important Chinese system of politics), great diplomats, Great Generals (differed from miliary genius, however).

Many Great battles are fought in that era, such as some great naval battle in the Yangtze and land battles.

And the ingenius Chinese Crossbow is brought into the battlefield at that time.

It's time to back on the mod, i don't suggest you use those fancy characters copies from High Quality stupid games, just remain plain and neat.

Religion suggestion:
there are nothing about religion in that era, everyone believe the same thing, except some "barbarians", so don't bother with religions but change it to something else

Govt Civics got to be tough, but at first, everyone is somewhat "warlord" or "vassals" of the central government, than they are either promoted or self-promoted, and eventually to become Emperor.

i also suggest some sort of Wonders, for example, the Wei, build a big building that got a metal bird in it, go figure how it spell in English :/

i think unique units should be a special concept, i won't mind having some Special Horse Resources that is rare and a powerful horseman can be built that way.
there are also chinese crossbow,Heavy Chariots, and a soldier with a special armour(somewhat make up of plants).

Catapults and trebs are later used , which i think should be a expensive tech being researched.

the basic units should be Spearman,Swordsman,Bowman, and horseman. Axemans are sort of very rare unit but there also some powers that employ them as some elite forces.

later the units should have a "improved" version by teching.

note: pikeman is also used, but they are effective in either killing horse and normal soldiers, since the weapon is long and have advantage over swords.

can someone make the juggernaut that kongming(Zhuge Liang) designed?

the jugernaut is the chinese crossbow in vanilla game.

in fact you have most of the unit graphics just lack a few for some fancy units such as big warships(as either warship and transports) used in the battles in Yangtze River. (galley and the trieme can be reused, probably the caravel, galley are rarely used in that era to ferry troops as they are too small to ferry a huge army, maybe make them carry 1 axemans only :), that would be realistic )

here is a site that i used to be collecting game informations of The romance of three kingdoms, all simplified chinese, i don't think if you don't understand chinese you could use it :)

http://www.sanguogame.com.cn/whatsnew.html

How is the battle darkonion? I wish I could help somehow but my mod abilities fall very very short. I wass thinking though that the map used in the warlords chinese unification could be used and save you all the effort of making one. also unique units can be scrapped entirely, imo, as the armies were so evenly matched, technologically. The fact that there are only 4 empires kinda bummed me out ... seems quiet small but hey, it's all about the history. anyways good luck msn. I'm willing to help,though i don't really know how i can, just pm me. :)

How is the battle darkonion? I wish I could help somehow but my mod abilities fall very very short. I wass thinking though that the map used in the warlords chinese unification could be used and save you all the effort of making one. also unique units can be scrapped entirely, imo, as the armies were so evenly matched, technologically. The fact that there are only 4 empires kinda bummed me out ... seems quiet small but hey, it's all about the history. anyways good luck msn. I'm willing to help,though i don't really know how i can, just pm me. :)

but some extra powerful units need to be in game, such as some very strong cavalry, that must be in game :) (north China deserve to get a "Rare Horse" resources that makes them able to build this unit.

Personally, as a Chinese, i start reading this, long, complicated story, since, age of 8. Fall in love with it, it is a great book of culture, management, military strategies, military tactics...

i also have some great time in Japan made games of romance of the three kingdoms, you can take them as a reference, if you can understand them.

i don't call myself a pro as this is a popular topic... i can provide some very basic infromations.

it's known that, the manchu, which later rule the Qing Dynasty, read this book for their art of warfare.

That is a age of Great peoples, military genius like Cao Cao(is also good at literature),
genius like Kong Ming which is also good in management, military,engineering,chemistry,astronomy..., Great politicians (which introduce a very important Chinese system of politics), great diplomats, Great Generals (differed from miliary genius, however).

Many Great battles are fought in that era, such as some great naval battle in the Yangtze and land battles.

And the ingenius Chinese Crossbow is brought into the battlefield at that time.

It's time to back on the mod, i don't suggest you use those fancy characters copies from High Quality stupid games, just remain plain and neat.

Religion suggestion:
there are nothing about religion in that era, everyone believe the same thing, except some "barbarians", so don't bother with religions but change it to something else

Govt Civics got to be tough, but at first, everyone is somewhat "warlord" or "vassals" of the central government, than they are either promoted or self-promoted, and eventually to become Emperor.

i also suggest some sort of Wonders, for example, the Wei, build a big building that got a metal bird in it, go figure how it spell in English :/

i think unique units should be a special concept, i won't mind having some Special Horse Resources that is rare and a powerful horseman can be built that way.
there are also chinese crossbow,Heavy Chariots, and a soldier with a special armour(somewhat make up of plants).

Catapults and trebs are later used , which i think should be a expensive tech being researched.

the basic units should be Spearman,Swordsman,Bowman, and horseman. Axemans are sort of very rare unit but there also some powers that employ them as some elite forces.

later the units should have a "improved" version by teching.

note: pikeman is also used, but they are effective in either killing horse and normal soldiers, since the weapon is long and have advantage over swords.

the jugernaut is the chinese crossbow in vanilla game.

in fact you have most of the unit graphics just lack a few for some fancy units such as big warships(as either warship and transports) used in the battles in Yangtze River. (galley and the trieme can be reused, probably the caravel, galley are rarely used in that era to ferry troops as they are too small to ferry a huge army, maybe make them carry 1 axemans only :), that would be realistic )

here is a site that i used to be collecting game informations of The romance of three kingdoms, all simplified chinese, i don't think if you don't understand chinese you could use it :)

http://www.sanguogame.com.cn/whatsnew.html

These are some wonderful ideas. Thank you, and I'd be glad to have you as an "advisor" or sorts. You just systematically told me everything that I was confused about (the types of soldiers and what to make elite units).

As a background: I fell in love with this story because of Liu Bei and Kongming. They fought against the chaos, and lost. It's dramatic and very inspirational.

If you'd like, I need:

1. The chinese symbols/letters/charaters for the major powers of the time (Wei, Wu, Shu, Han) and even the lesser ones (Yuan Shao, Gongsun Zan, Dong Zhuo, Meng Huo, etc.)
2. The names of Great Generals, Polititions, and Artists.
3. Any other relivant information or even just ideas!
:D

I wont have time to check the website you gave me, but I will check it out at a later date and give you my feedback.

This is a random map mod... There is no setup... just similarities and processes that will be kept historically correct... :mischief: and there are litterally TONS of smaller factions that can be introduced and can be played as.

Top Bottom