1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod that lets you name units without waiting for promotions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by szymon13, Jul 13, 2017.

1. szymon13

szymon13 Chieftain

Hi,
    It would be really nice for me If I could name my units without waiting until a unit gets a promotion.
    I just build a unit and I can name it immediately after building. Later I can also change this name.
    The system which was in Civ4 was perfect for me (I was clicking on a units name and changing it).

Is there any modification which includes something similar in Civ6? Or any other way to name and rename all of our units?
    Thank you in advance for help
    Szymon

agonistes likes this.
  2. JamesRoper1403

JamesRoper1403 Chieftain

I'd really like to have this option back. I really enjoyed naming ships, etc.

3. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

It's really hard to do in Civ VI, but I would love to have this feature back too! +1

4. JamesRoper1403

JamesRoper1403 Chieftain

*Cough* Bump *Cough*

BadaBing likes this.
  5. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain

That's a nasty cough you have there! Have you tried some lemon & a teaspoon of honey in hot water?

6. Seileach

Seileach Chieftain

it really is unnerving that what should probably be a simple tweak is actually so hard to mod in Civ VI :undecide: this, that we were promissed, sorta, that Civ VI would be the most mod-friendly game of the series and in reality seems to fall way short of that, is what bugs me the most about Civ VI...

and yes, this is a shameless bump, cause this is silly, but i really miss being able to rename units at will :D

BadaBing likes this.
  7. JamesRoper1403

JamesRoper1403 Chieftain

I miss it so bad.... ☹️

BadaBing likes this.
  8. BadaBing

BadaBing Chieftain