[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

just for info:
    it's look like problemwith MAD Nuke part of dale's code
    (i know, it's sound strange - nuke problem in classic era :) - but this code is running at every turn for AI and it's look that sometime random generator make wrong number -> AI tried update non-existing city -> crash (at least for two tested saved games)). now i am running more test on more saved games

EDIT: bad news, this MAD nuke bug is only in 3 saved games, other games keep crashing :(
    so now i will try to update with new dale's code

2. demeryt

demeryt Chieftain

Hi,

I'm pretty sure many of us have encountered this problem: when launching the mod (ver. 2.1.2) it crashes during the Init XML (uncached) phase, still, I can launch the game OK from within the original Civ 4 with the launch mod command (it says the game has to be restarted but does it OK).

1. What's the reason for this?
    2. Can it be avoided/fixed?

cheers and respect for the modders

3. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

Can't give you the direct info as I'm on a computer at work (shhhh!), but I believe in the first few pages of this thread, there's a post dealing with this. Basically, you have to clear out cached info. Depending on your OS, it should be under something like "My Documents\My Games\Civ4\cache", that kinda deal. Hunt down this other post for better instructions...

4. JahtheIII

JahtheIII Chieftain

I had the same problem with the crash, after updating to 2.12, although oddly enough, the first time I tried it, everything worked fine and it loaded and I started and saved a game on the TR World map.

Next time I tried to load TR, got the crash during startup. Went to Vanilla menu, loaded mod, got the crash.

Went and deleted the cache, tried to load from desktop icon and menu, crash and crash.

Haven't tried to load from the savegame yet, but I'm not sure I can load a save game without having the mod running first anyways....

5. Anaztazioch

Anaztazioch Hit in the head too much

@ dameryt and JahteIII

There are two known to me resons:
    1) Get a better crack, or buy Civ 4
    2) delate contents of cashe. Find it in Documents and Settings/[username]/Aplication Data/My Games/Civilization 4

6. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

Don't ya just love workplace High Speed connections. :lol: :lol: My bosses pass my office and see me typing diligently away; wow what a diligent capable worker he is, LOL. The beauty of it is that none of them are computer literate and the company computer tech barely knows the basics. I am like the one-eyed king in the kingdom of the blind. :lol:

7. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

LOL, I know what you mean dude. When I still was working for my old comany and we had after Xmas no new projects and everyone was pretty much sitting there and doing nothing. I was typing diligently in XML files until late hours. Since my projects have always been XML it looked very much like work. :D But well I hated just to sit around and wanted be productive....and you guys were the winner :D

8. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

Thanks Houman, we really appreciate your sacrifice. :mischief: :lol: :mischief: A lot companies are purchasing tracking software, but like I said you have to know a little bit more than just how to turn the computer on to use it effectively. :lol: Computers sure do improve workplace productivity. ;) :rolleyes:

9. Burrito_X

Burrito_X Chieftain

Yeah, I was the one who had that same problem with it immediately crashin upon loadup, with failure to load the initialize the XML something or nother.

I found that if you delete the cash, which is deep, its not My Games, its liek in documents and settings, temporary files, somethign something. Look at the install instructions to give you a more precise data tree. Im not at my home computer so I cant check it right now. Anyway, if you delete the cash and restart your computer, Civ4 TR will load again. But you will have to delete your cash and restart everhy time you want to boot up again.

When you loko in the log files it has some strange messages when it hits the Raze City commands, saying error that its already there or something.

BX

10. flexter

flexter Chieftain

hey houman, any news on a new patch yet?
    cheers

11. johnjohn

johnjohn Chieftain

For those having trouble finding the Civ4 cache on my Windows XP system its:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache\

Hope this helps

12. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

I was finally successful to compile the DLL with customized debugger messages. It crashes on Ranged Bombardment. I just have sent Mexico the error messages, I hope he can isolate the problem now.

The Warlord Beta Patch is coming this Sunday as promised. After one week bug fixing and adding more units, it will be going gold. I just want to make sure it is quite bug free before we release it as gold.

13. storm6436

storm6436 Chieftain

Sweet, just in time for me to get my first paycheck from my new job... and be able to afford to get Warlords :D

And yes, my money was that short... I almost had to give up smoking :cry:

14. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Houman, all guys working on zealots,

I will probably have to reboot all my 3 PCs. At that time, most of my "problems" are under quarantine. But too many files are damaged, if not destroyed, useless,....:mad: So, no other solution than reboot.....:cry: :mad: :sad:

About Zealots: many works and ideas were made on the melee thread. I think that we are ready to ask you (Houman) to have a look at them and to add them. :D
    As i got my PCs to reboot and a weeding this week-end in Paris, is one of you (Los Tirano, Ankenaton) ready to write a good sum-up ?:) If not, no problems, i will do it but not before next week. :p
    Please, try to give me an answer quickly, before i have to shut down my computer. :please:

Thx

15. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

Sorry to hear about your problems; have heavy childcare (my two daughters) duties tonight. Will be able to reply by afternoon Eastern Standard Time. Try Lavasofts free anti-virus at www.lavasoft.com. Look up AVG anti virus. This should help you kill the current infection and help you from becoming reinfected, ciao.

16. Mexico

based on houman debug messages I was able to find and solve another bug in dale's code, which caused CTD (3 from 4 tested games)
    after that, i found another bug with ranged bombardment, also solved

all 3 bugs (one was metioned some posts before) is based on non-checking pointers for NULL value

so now i starting searching of possible others NULL pointers in dale's code

17. Ket

Ket Composite Of A Composite

Can you please pass the dale code fixes on to the rest of the community?

18. Mexico

of course, but not yet - after finishing investigation :)

19. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

Houman or TR team, on the melee thread the ideas on zealots have been gathered into a single post. :goodjob:

20. Mexico

wow..good summary, thanks