IF you want to follow this guide Please OPEN up https://mod.io/g/humankind/m/true-culture-location
The guide you're looking for: How to reactivate this amazing mod in 2023. Its May 2023 its working as of today 5/8/2023. I'll try to keep this short since people don't read. Make sure you have the latest version of Humankind downloaded first, then you can start.
1. Open up the Steam Console
on steam. How do you do this? Press WINDOWS + R
2. When the "Run
" window appears, in the blank text you will put. steam://open/console
3. Search up SteamDB
on your browser
. When you get to the website, in the search bar
, look for Humankind
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT
STEP IS THIS ONE. Download the correct previous manifest of the game
. How? You will need APP ID, DEPOT ID, and Manifest ID
. But fudge
all that noise im going to give you the 3 ID's I chose to make this mod work. IMPORTANT: IF THESE ARE NOT CHOSEN, IT WILL NOT WORK.
5. In your Steam Console that we opened earlier, you will copy paste the whole following line: download_depot 1124300 1124301 6434925583739347129
This command will download the February 24th, 2022 version of Humankind. BEWARE IT WILL NOT TELL YOU ON STEAM ANYWHERE WHERE IT IS DOWNLOADING.
To see if it is downloading, open up task manager, look at your network performance and it will show you if something is downloading. Also p.s. the SteamDb downloads are super fudging slow, no matter your internet. Be prepared.
6. ON THIS WEBPAGE
: Scroll up from this comment and go to where it says." Download Files Manually
." Instead of downloading the latest version that the Mod owner has up, instead you will click on, "View other versions
." You are going to download version 22.214.171.124
off the the list we see.
7. Now when your download off of Steam DB is done
, remember that thing we did in the Steam Console? Yeah, it will most likely download a folder path like this
8. Now youre going to open your current Humankind Folder
. The easiest way to do this, if you're not sure where it is, is to go to your Steam Library
, hover over Humankind
in your list of games and right click it
. Hover over manage
, and then click browse local files
. This will open up the folder we want.
9. Now you should have 2 folder
tabs open, the depot folder
and your humankind folder
. Copy everything from the DEPOT to HUMANKIND
folder. It will ask you if you can replace files in destination,
you will hit YES.
10. Now that we have the previous version
of the game downloaded, and we also have the corresponding version of the True Culture Location mod
we can almost make this work. If you already have BePinEx
stuff downloaded and figured out, you can skip these next couples steps, im just gonna simplify the process since the instructions on this page for BePinEx installation can be a little hard to follow.
11. BePinEx INSTALLATION
: IF you are on windows PLEASE CLICK THE LINK THAT SAYS x64
that the mod owner already listed. Can't find that on this page? ctrl f the words "x64"
12. When you click the link, scroll down to the BepInEx 5.4.21 version
. Keep scrolling till you see these 5 files names
13. Click on the your appropriate ZIP
file, I have windows
so that would be the x64
zip. After downloading, youre then going to extract
that zip file into the same folder that you have Humankind in.
14. IMPORTANT STEP: RUN HUMANKIND NOW AFTER INSTALLING BEPINEX
. You need to do this because if you look at your Bepin Ex folder, it has one folder in it called "core". After running the game you should have 4 more folders:
cache, config, patchers and plug ins. THE ONE WE CARE ABOUT IS PLUG INS.
15. If you've done everything correctly up to this point, this is your current folder path most likely. ../Steam/Steamapps/common/Humankind/BepinEx/Plugins
16. Remember the True Culture Location file we downloaded? It should read gedemon.trueculturelocation.126.96.36.199.zip
You're going to extract that file into your BepinEx/Plugins
17. Now if you don't want to Undo all that amazing work you just did, go to Steam, right click on Humankind in your library again. Click properties
and go to updates
. Change the option from, "Always keep this game updated"
to "Only update when I launch it."
We're done You have reached the end, if you followed everything to a T it should be working. Just wanted to say thank you to @Gedemon
for the mod. Amplitude please add this mod to the game. Please.
18. I am not a modder or modding inclined in any way, I just read. If I can do it, so can you